The following excerpts of Dr. John Christopher´s writings are reproduced with permission of the Publisher, Christopher Publications, PO Box 412, Springville, UT 84663 1-800-372-8255.
DR. CHRISTOPHER ON HEALING WITH CAYENNE
Dr. John Christopher´s wisdom and experience will be mainly drawn upon. Dr. Christopher was a Master Herbalist and Naturopathic Doctor of great renown here in America and even abroad. His teachings wre learned by so many and his influence was so great, that most woould agree that he stood out amongst the three largest promoters of natural healing in the latter half of the 20th Century.
1. HEART ATTACKS: In 35 years of practice, and working with the people and teaching, I have never on house calls lost one heart attack patient and the reason is, whenever I go in--if they are still breathing--I pour down them a cup of cayenne tea (a teaspoon of cayenne in a cup of hot water, and within minutes they are up and around). This is one of the fastest acting aids we could ever give for the heart, because it feeds that heart immediately. Most hearts are suffering from malnutrition because of processed food we are eating, but here it gets a good powerful dose of real food and it´s something that has brought people in time after time. This is something that everyone should know how great it is, because a heart attack can come to your friends or loved ones any time. And even yourself. The warm tea is faster working than tablets, capsules, cold tea, because the warm tea opens up the cell structure--makes it expand and accept the cayenne that much faster, and it goes directly to the heart, through the artery system, and feeds it in powerful food. [Dr. Christopherıs Newsletter 1-12]
2. STERILIZE AND STOP BLEEDING: The old herbalists claimed that cayenne pepper (Capsicum or red pepper) should be poured directly into a fresh wound, to sterilize and stop the bleeding. [Herbal Home Health Care p.61]
3. MENSTRUAL CRAMPS: If a young woman has menstrual problems, she can suspect that her female organs might not be in good condition. Although it should be needless to say, we should avoid drugs in managing our menstrual cramps. In order to treat the symptoms, some people favor red raspberry tea, peppermint tea, camomile tea, or catnip tea. You can take a capsule of cayenne with any of these to help warm the internal organs. If the cramps are really severe, you can use cayenne ointment externally on the abdomen to act as a counter-irritant, but be sure to cover the application with gauze, as it can stain your underthings. [Every Woman´s Herbal p.13]
5. TINCTURE OF CAYENNE heals wounds, cuts through mucus, good for sore throats, and tonsillitis; milder solutions can be used in the nose, eyes, and ears for cleaning up microscopic "lounge lizards" in infections. Has been successfullyused for resuscitation of newborn infants; a few drops administered orally. The best and safest stimulant known to man. [Dr. Christopherıs Newsletter 3-2]
6. CAYENNE SALVE: It is excellent for stiff necks, sore muscles, headaches, pain, stiff joints, arthritis, etc. The salve ingredients are Olive Oil, African Birdpepper (Cayenne), Oil of Wintergreen, pure distilled mint crystals and beeswax. [Herbal Home Health Care p.196]
1. STOP BLEEDING: A wound, external or internal, will stop bleeding if the individual will drink a cup of water (preferably hot) with a teaspoon of cayenne pepper (red pepper) stirred into it. The bleeding will stop generally by the time a person can count up to ten after drinking the cayenne tea. The cayenne equalizes the blood pressure from the top of the head to the feet. This keeps the pressure from the hemorrhage area so it will clot naturally, which it cannot do with heavy blood pressure pumping the blood rapidly at the hemorrhage area. [Herbal Home Health Care p.61]
2. NOSEBLEEDS: A teaspoon of cayenne in a cup of water (hot preferred) taken internally will stop most nosebleeds quickly. In an emergency such as this we use cayenne. As mentioned a teaspoon of cayenne pepper in a glass of water and drunk right down will stop a nosebleed in nearly every instance, by the time you can count to ten. This is not a miracle; it is the principle of the cell stimulant cayenne traveling through the entire blood stream and regulating the pressure so the pressure of the flow is the same in the feet as in the head or any other part of the body. This takes the heavy pressure off the hemorrhaging area and allowing a quick coagulation. [Herbal Home Health Care p.110]
3. SALVE: As needed topically.
Ingredients: Pure cayenne is the only ingredient in the powdered cayenne.
Salve ingredients are Olive Oil, African Birdpepper (Cayenne), Oil of Wintergreen, pure distilled mint crystals and beeswax.
The tincture consists of cayenne and alcohol.
[Spirit of Health Editorıs note: See Herbal First Aid Salve and Muscle & Joint Repair Oil from Southern Botanicals. These contain the herbal ingredients of the Christopher salve. Herbal First Aid Salve has a beeswax base, and Muscle & Joint Repair Oil has an olive oil base and is stronger than the Salve.]
1. EYES: Cayenne is also used for eyes, however extreme that might sound. Dr. Christopher recalled a student of his standing in front of a lecture and throwing a pinch of cayenne into one eye. Dr. Christopher was sure the student had lost his senses! But in a few moments the eye stopped watering, and it became clear, bright and healthy-looking. [This is why Dr. Christopher has Cayenne in his Herbal Eyebright formula]. [Every Woman´s Herbal p.131]
2. DEEP CUT: A person in our audience told how he had cut deeply with a sharp instrument the inside of his hand, fingers and palm. The blood spurted out in streams. He poured a large amount of cayenne pepper into the wound, and within seconds the blood flow slowed down to congealed dripping and the bleeding stopped entirely before many seconds had passed. With a goodly amount of cayenne covering the wound, he then wrapped it. He was so excited about the rapid results he could hardly wait for the regular herb meeting. But, as he said, the "punch line" was lost, because instead of a nasty ragged scar to show how severely he had been hurt, the area was healed and there was no scar. [Dr. Christopherıs Newsletter 1-12]
3. ULCERS: A lady had been attending our herbal lecture series for some time.
One day she told us about her husband´s severe case of stomach ulcers. The recommendation from their doctor was to have part of his stomach removed, but he said he would rather suffer the pain than risk such an operation. He also refused his wife´s suggestion to try cayenne, ridiculing her studies. When he would see me in town, he would bellow, "Hello, Doc! Killed anybody with cayenne, today?" He became so obnoxious, I avoided him when I could. Months went by and one day I saw him coming down the street toward me. I tried to avoid him but he came "head on." This time I was amazed because there were no cutting remarks or sarcasm. In fact, he was very apologetic and asked if he could talk to me for a minute, and then told me this story: He had come home from work one night, "sick enough to die," with stomach ulcers. His wife was not home. He was in such pain he wanted to commit suicide. He went to the medicine cabinet to find some kind of medicine poisonous and deadly enough to kill him. But he discovered his wife had thrown out all the old bottles of pharmaceutical medicine. All that was left in the medicine cabinet were some herbs and a large container of cayenne pepper. He was so angry that, upon seeing the cayenne, he figured it in a large dose would kill him by burning him up. He took a heaping tablespoon of cayenne in a glass of hot water, gulped it down and rushed into the bedroom. He fell upon the bed and covered his head with a pillow so the neighbors couldn´t hear his "dying screams." The next thing he knew, his wife was shaking him awake the next morning. She told him he had slept all night (instead of being up every half-hour for anti-acid tablets). To his amazement he discovered that the pain was gone, for the first time in months. He continued using cayenne three times a day faithfully. [Dr. Christopherıs Newsletter 1-12]
4. BLOOD PRESSURE - Dr. Christopher´s Own Story: I had hardening of the arteries, during my 20 and 30 year span, to a point that it was very severe. No insurance company at this time, would even take me for a $1,000 policy. So you can tell how bad of a condition I was in. I was quite concerned about it, and started using cayenne. I worked up to a teaspoon three times a day, and I continued on from the time I was thirty-five and am still using it. It was amazing! By the time I was forty-five years of age, ten years after I had started using cayenne, a group wanted me to have a $100,000 policy to insure them on a business deal we were working out. I went for the examination. Being this large a policy, the insurance company required two medical doctors, each to give two physicals at various times (being four times to have physicals with these two doctors). I took the examination and one medical doctor when he got through, said, "Well, this is astounding. I see your age is forty-five years, but you have the venous structure of a teenage boy." He said, "This is excellent," and he gave me a clean bill of health. I went to the other doctor and on his second examination he did the blood pressure test on my arm. He pumped his equipment up five different times and my arm was getting irritated by it, and I was getting a little perturbed, and I said, "What´s the matter, doesn´t your equipment work?" "Oh yes, it always has up till now, but I keep looking at your chart and it says you are 45 years of age and yet your systolic over your diastolic is absolutely perfect. I cannot comprehend it." I said, "That´s correct. It is perfect." And he also gave me a clean bill of health. So I passed at 45 years of age for a $100,000 policy with a good blood pressure showing, thanks to the cayenne.
I have been told by medical doctors, that because of my arthritis, hardening of arteries, stomach ulcers and some auto accidents that banged me up pretty badly, that I couldn´t live past my 40th year. Yet, at 45 years I was pronounced in good condition. This, to me, was one of my biggest sales points on cayenne. If it could help me, it could help anybody. I have seen it used so many times over the years with such success, that I feel that it is one of our great herbs. [Dr. Christopherıs Newsletter 1-12]
Dr. John Christopher
We hope you enjoyed Dr. Christopher´s information and found it useful. You may obtain a CD ROM of his complete works from website at http://www.healthfree.com/christopher/