Biliary Atresia – Have A Happy, Healthy Liver
Get an affordable biliary atresia treatment using KASAI SURGERY. Top Liver Hospitals in India provide advance medical approach to increase the surgery success rates of Blocked Bile Duct.
Date: 6/27/2019 10:01:01 AM ( 30 mon ) ... viewed 390 times
Biliary Atresia is the rare disease of bile ducts and liver mostly occurring in newborns. The early symptoms of the disease start emerging anytime between two-eight weeks after birth. Bile is the liquid produced by the cells in the liver which helps digest fat. It also carries the waste from the liver to the small intestine for excretion. When an infant is suffering from biliary atresia, the bile flow from the liver to the gallbladder is blocked causing bile to be trapped inside the liver and damaging liver cells.
Biliary Atresia Treatment
Some complications of the biliary atresia may be treated temporarily with special diets and medications; liquid vitamin supplements may be given orally to help lessen deficiencies.
The preferred biliary atresia treatment is the Kasai procedure, the surgical method that may help re-establish bile flow from the liver to the intestine by joining them directly. Biliary atresia treatment India is performed by the surgeons who begin the procedure, also called a Roux-en-Y, by removing the affected bile ducts outside the liver. A segment of the small intestine is used to attach it directly to the liver at the spot where the bile is found or is expected to drain. The segment of the intestine that connects to the liver also connects to the rest of the intestine, forming the Y-shaped connection. Surgeons have observed that they achieve better results if Kasai is performed during the infant's first 8 weeks of life.
The Biliary Atresia, the Kasai procedure is a 4-hour operation whereas liver transplantation is a 12-hour surgery. The Kasai surgery is a very important first management protocol for biliary atresia because 30% of children after the Kasai surgery will never ever need liver transplantation. The remaining 70% of children who need liver transplantation may not need it immediately.
The success rate of Biliary Treatment
Biliary Atresia surgery success rate is approximately 80% as in infants who undergo the biliary atresia Kasai procedure, have the bile flow re-established. Between 25 - 30 percent of these infants have complete or good bile flow after the surgery, with normal bilirubin levels. The other 50% will have some bile flow. The remaining 20–25% is not helped by the Kasai procedure and they gain very little or no bile flow. In these cases, infants will need liver transplantation. Liver transplantation is then the only cure for biliary atresia.
Bile Duct Obstruction Treatment India
Bile is a liquid released by the liver. It is the mixture of various chemicals and contains cholesterol, the yellow pigment called bilirubin and bile salts. Bile passes out of the liver through the tubes known as the bile ducts and is stored in the gallbladder. It is the blockage in the tubes that carry bile from the liver to the small intestine and gallbladder. The blocked bile duct treatment in India is very common and available at affordable pricing and performed by qualified surgeons and skilled staff. Several hospitals in India help in the easy diagnosis of the bile duct and its treatment to live a happy and healthier life. If the liver works properly the whole body behaves the same.
Why India for Bile Duct Obstruction treatment
India has emerged to be the new pioneer in providing low-cost bile duct obstruction treatment and various other medical treatments. Thousands of international patients from all over the globe fly to India for different surgeries and medical treatments of high-quality delivered as practiced in developed nations like the UK, US and that too within their budget costs.
The Indian medical professionals performing different procedures of Bile Duct Obstruction treatment in India are well qualified, skilled with several years of experience and are affiliated with many renowned medical institutions. India provides the services through the best doctors and the Urosurgeons.
To get free no obligation Quote For Top Liver Hospitals in India :
Phone Numbers Reach Us-
India & International : +91-9860755000 / +91-9371136499
UK : +44-2081332571
Canada & USA : +1-4155992537
Add This Entry To Your CureZone Favorites!Print this page
Email this page