Child and Smartphone: Consequences and Precautions
This article is about how to spend time on smartphones and tablets correctly and without harm to health.
Date: 11/19/2022 11:18:38 PM ( 4 mon ) ... viewed 146 times
The problem of children's addiction to smartphones has long gained a global scale. And to a greater extent, the parents themselves are to blame here, since they allow the baby to play games from an early age, and watch cartoons and other video content. In general, they do everything so that the child is busy and does not interfere with their daily tasks.
But gradually, the screen time drags children more and more, pushing the walks in the fresh air, studying and communicating with peers in real life into the background. The result is the occurrence of physical and mental disorders, which, if not taken in time, can develop into serious diseases.
How to avoid this and prevent the child's dependence on the phone, you can read all about this in the material.
Where does he work How much does it cost
? to pre
The consequences of a child's uncontrolled access to gadgets?
As we indicated at the very beginning, if you do not control the time on the phone, the child may develop physical and psychological problems, namely:
The gadget turns into a favorite toy for the baby. Have you tried to take away a favorite thing from a child? What follows? That's right: hysteria and internal anxiety. The child does not know how to keep busy. The screen time of applications is like a drug, the absence of which prevents from focusing on performing really important tasks. Because of this, the problems begin in the studies, communication, and other socially significant areas of his or her life.
Even for adults, the psychologists do not recommend viewing social networks before going to bed. This excites brain activity and then a person cannot fall asleep for a long time. Needless to say about the immature child's psyche. Regular lack of proper sleep leads to irritability of the child, distraction, rapid fatigue, as well as to a number of other physical and mental abnormalities.
Due to its specific structure, the human eye should regularly switch its attention to nearby and distant objects. If you continuously look at the smartphone screen, located at an equally close distance from the eyes, this threatens the development of myopia. For example, if a child spends 3 or more hours watching a gadget without a break, and the device itself is located at a distance of less than 30 cm from the eyes, then the probability of developing myopia is about 90%. And if you add insufficient lighting here, then you definitely can't avoid vision problems.
Violation of reality perception
Unfortunately, there are a lot of videos on the Internet today that contain the scenes of violence. Moreover, they are presented as a joke or a practical joke. Having watched enough of such content, the child will strive to transfer everything he or she saw into real life, not fully realizing how it may end up. The suicidal content is particularly dangerous. No comments needed in this case.
Viewing 18+ video
Today, the Internet is simply teeming with p 0 r n o g r a p h i c websites advertisements, so if you do not exercise the control over children, they will certainly, sooner or later, get to one of these resources. What does it threaten? Distorted idea of intimacy, cruelty, domination and violence towards the opposite sex. In addition, the videos of this nature are addictive, they can provoke sexual dysfunction and other deviations of an intimate nature.
In order to avoid all of this, it is necessary to discreetly monitor the child and its actions on the Internet, block content that belongs to the category of undesirable, unobtrusively tell the teenager what can be watched at this age and what cannot. Properly organized parental control will help you to carry out your plans. What it includes — read on.
Parental control as a way to combat phone addiction in children
Screen time standards
Pediatricians all over the world are united in one thing: if parental control of children goes into the background for adults, then the further full-fledged development of the baby as a person turns out to be a big issue. What screen time standards are acceptable for the children of different ages?
- Kids of 2-3 years old — a few minutes a day;
- Preschoolers of 5-6 years old — no more than 60 minutes with the observance of the child's day regime;
- Schoolchildren from 6 to 10 years old — 60-90 minutes a day. At the same time, already at this age, it is important to make sure that the use of the gadget does not push the study into the background;
- Teenagers of 11-13 years old — up to 2 hours a day. At this age, special attention should already be paid to what the child does on the Internet, what resources he or she visits and with whom communicates.
In adolescence, it is important to base all relationships between children and parents on the mutual trust. That is, the child tells you which pages were visited, and you do not scold him or her if it suddenly turns out that the interested web resources contain the content undesirable for this age. Just explain to him or her in an accessible form why it can't be watched and what consequences it can lead to. Let him or her know that you are not prosecuting, but you are worried about him or her.
By following these simple rules, you will establish a trusting relationship between you and your child, and also preserve harmony in the family.
What issues should be discussed at the family council?
As mentioned above, a reasoned conversation is the best option for parental control. In particular, the following points should be discussed with the child:
- The purpose of using gadgets;
- Duration and schedule of their use during the day;
- Places where the use of device is inappropriate, for example, during meals, educational process, and so on;
- List of applications and websites that the child will be allowed to visit;
- Ban on using gadgets before going to bed.
As for preschool and primary school children, focus their attention on developing offline games (puzzles, board games), visiting places of culture, such as theaters, museums, exhibitions, and so on.
Additional parental control and family monitoring can be carried out using special software that is installed on the child's phone. These applications allow:
- Determine exactly where the child is in a certain period of time;
- Set child mode to use apps and view content;
- Be aware of what resources the child has visited and whom communicated on the Internet.
Once again, we emphasize that everything should be based on mutual trust. Therefore, it is not necessary to install such software without telling the child, as this can further aggravate the situation and you will finally lose control over the actions of your child.
The Parental Control Kroha app is a full parental control of the child on the Internet
Kroha Parental Control is a modern effective software that will allow parents:
- Keep records and limit the time spent by the child on the Internet;
- Monitor which web resources a teenager visits and which applications are actively used;
- Set a restriction on visiting pages of websites with undesirable content;
- Fully ensure the safety of the child on the "World Wide Web";
- Reduce the risk of developing a teenager's phone addiction;
- Have access to information about incoming/outgoing calls and SMS, control correspondence in messengers;
- Completely lock the phone at a certain time;
- Monitor the location and route of the child's movement by GPS online.
Would you like to try parental control for free? Yes. The "Kroha Parental Control" app will provide you with this opportunity for 5 days from the moment of connection. You can learn more about the application's features and download on the website, just type Parental Control Kroha in google. Protect your child from unwanted content and internet scammers! Connect the Kroha Parental Control software right now and personally evaluate all the advantages of this software.
Add This Entry To Your CureZone Favorites!Print this page
Email this page