Here is a simple explanation with illustrations on how to begin tapping with EFT.
Date: 8/25/2005 1:35:34 AM ( 18 y ) ... viewed 4975 times
This is the basic EFT procudure
One session is two rounds.
Each round can be broken into two main parts.
The set-up phase and the reminder phase.
You can use either side of your body for the tapping session.
Use 3 or 4 fingers to tap with.
The Set-up Phrase
Repeat the set-up phrase out loud ("even though...I completely and deeply accept myself") 3 times while tapping on the karate chop point (number 1 in the illustration).
The Reminder Phase
Repeat the reminder phrase while tapping each of the comfort spots.
Lets give it a whirl.
First pick an issue or symptom to "tap" on.
Then rate the issue or symtpom in intensity on a scale of 0 to 10. 0 being pain free or no emotional effect whatsoever and 10 being unbearable symptoms and/or unbearable emotional agony.
Always start your session of EFT with what is called "the set-up phrase."
You formulate this phrase in the following manner:
Even though....*issue*...I completely and deeply accept myself.
An example would be...even though I feel a tightness in my chest and very sad when my boss yells at me, I completely and deeply accept myself
Now with your phrase ready, the tapping session begins.
Numbers will corespond with the above illustration.
1) This is called "the karate chop point." You tap this point with the tips of your fingers from your other hand. While tapping continually, you repeat your set-up phrase three times while focusing on the issue (that the phrase is based on) and the coresponding feelings and symptoms.
Now we move to the next phase. Modify the set-up phrase by dropping the beginning and ending so that just the middle is left. This means that "Even though...I deeply and completely accept myself" is gone leaving just the issue as the phrase. From our example above, we are now just left with...I feel a tightness in my chest and very sad when my boss yells at me.
2) Say the reminder phrase once while tapping where the corner of your eye meets your nose.
3) Repeat the reminder phrase while tapping to the outside of your eye socket.
4) Repeat the reminder phrase while tapping just underneath your eye socket.
5) Repeat the reminder phrase while tapping between your nose and upper lip.
6) Repeat the reminder phrase while tapping between your bottom lip and your chin.
7) Repeat the reminder phrase whil tapping the bone that juts out on your collar bone.
8) Repeat the reminder phrase while tapping about 4 to 5 inches under your armpit.
Now you repeat the entire cycle again from 1 (karate chop point with set-up phrase) to points 2 thru 8 (with reminder phrase).
This constitutes one full round of tapping.
At this point you conjure up the issue and see how it feels and rate it again from 0 to 10. If it is still a 2 or higher, change your phrase slightly and do another round. Some people go for 0 and settle for nothing less.
Add This Entry To Your CureZone Favorites!Print this page
Email this page
Status: R Recommened Message
Attributes associated with this message:
R Recommened Message