The Dorn Method Controversy
A Critical Look at The Dorn Method!
Date: 5/28/2006 8:25:16 AM ( 17 y ) ... viewed 2559 times
(Excerpted from http://www.dorn-method.com )
The Dorn Method Controversy
Because of the fast spread of this Method during the past years, the fact that it was re-discovered by a Lay-Healer and not a Medical Professional, Money Issues involved, Egoistic and Self-Centered Attitudes of Practitioners and the fact that it was NOT controlled by a Trademark or Copyright executed through its Founder Dieter Dorn brings The Dorn Method more than just Praise in these modern Times!
The Situation that there is no ´uniform´ way how the Dorn Method is used, explained and understood even by ´Professionals` who are convinced about its effectiveness is further not really helping to solve this Controversy.
Surely there are many so-called Black Sheep out there who practice what they call the Dorn Method without really knowing what they do and/or doing something that is quite different than the original Dorn Method to the extend that it might even become dangerous for their patients.
The Explanations given to participants in Seminars and during Treatments are not always scientifically correct and sometimes appear very doubtable if not totally un-logical.
Many Practitioners operate in a kind of ´Grey Zone´ from a legal point of view because The Dorn Method seen as a Manual Therapy must `By Law` stay in the Hands of Licensed Professionals in the Fields of Medicine and Therapy, that is the view of many Critics.
The Minimum required is that a Dorn Method Practitioner without license is doing his work under the supervision and protection of a licensed medical doctor or ´Heilpraktiker`.
Because the Dorn Method can also be seen as Self Help Method Practitioners can therefore legally use the Method as long as its purpose is to educate people about the possibilities for Self Help and not to cure health problems by means of Therapy. This again ´By Law´ can only be done occasionally and without payment unless the Practitioner has a registered business as Health Consultant, Self Help Consultant or similar.
Many further cannot accept the Dorn Method because for them it is too simple to be true.
For many others the Dorn Method is not just their profession it became their Philosophy and they invest Heart and Soul into it to help others.
There are people who do not like the Dorn Method because of the above mentioned or because they realize that it is not a fast cure for all and without their own cooperation (which is exactly what they do not want to do!) it does not give them the desired result.
Many also prefer a state of ´being not so well´ because the ´outer´ world does not demand so much from them as compared to when they are fit and healthy!
So many Questions still unanswered:
• Is it necessary to regulate The Dorn Method by legal means?
• Who is right and who is wrong?
• Are only ´licensed professionals´ allowed to help others?
• The one who heals is right? Is this statement always correct?
• Is the wish of Dieter Dorn to keep this Method ´Free´ and therefore accessible as kind of folk medicine for everyone really wrong?
• Can Professionalism or Laymen ship be combined with Help from the Heart?
• Is it wrong to ask for an Energy Exchange (e.g. money) after investing time and effort for someone?
• How much is The Dorn Method worth?
• Is the Dorn Method Movement still stoppable?
• Are Dorn Method Practitioners out of their mind?
• Shouldn't something be done against this ´Misbelieve´ called The Dorn Method that spreads and infects people like a virus?
• Shouldn't there be minimum regulations applied to The Dorn Method to protect people from being victimized?
• Who should establish these regulations?
• How can the Dorn Method be safely regulated and stay `Free´ and accessible for everyone?
The List goes on………….
Please contribute to the discussion in the Dorn Method Forum at:
We must stay Open Minded but not to the extend that our Brain falls out!
Keep the Sunshine in your Heart
Add This Entry To Your CureZone Favorites!Print this page
Email this page