The Theory of Raw Juice Therapy
Raw juice therapy is a natural, drugless therapy proven by years of scientific research. We know that fresh fruits and vegetables contain vitamins, minerals, and enzymes essential to good health, to the prolongation of life, and to the cure of disease. We also know that a certain amount of these vitamins, minerals, and enzymes are destroyed in the cooking of foods, so we can conclude that they are best consumed raw. And it has been scientifically proven that raw juices supply concentrated and easily assailable amounts of vitamins and minerals.
In nature’s scheme of things there are pure liquids locked in the cells of plants that have definite therapeutic value. Just as we know that certain herbs have specific curative power, so do these plant juices which come from fresh fruits and vegetables. These juices, subtle in there action, yet more potent than any medicine, and without the toxic effect of drugs, can eliminate or prevent many of the chronic and degenerative diseases with which human beings are afflicted.
Fresh fruit juices are the cleansers of the human body. Vegetables juices are the regenerators and builders of the body. Grown in healthy soil, they contain all the stances need for nourishing the human organism, provided the juices are used fresh, raw and without preservatives. The substances may all be grouped into seven simple kinds of materials. These are: 1. Carbohydrates, 2. Proteins, 3. Fats, 4. Minerals, 5. Vitamins, 6. Bio-Flavonoids, and 7. Cellulose.
The Benefits of Raw Juice Therapy
1. Juice supplies large quantities of enzymes for use by the body. Enzymes are the catalysts that start all biologic functions in the body, as well as aid in digestion, and repair of tissue.
2. When you fast, your body will clean itself by using old cells, damaged and abscess-eased tissues, and other morbid accumulations (tumors, abscesses and fat deposits, and toxins). It burns them as fuel (its like burning trash).
3. Juice has all the nutrients needed for cell growth, function and repair.
4. Juice enters the blood and goes to work in as few as 15 minutes after ingesting.
5. The burden of heavy meal digestion is temporally suspended, so the body can use this energy to clean and repair itself. So the combination of fasting while drinking enzyme rich juice speeds up the process of ridding the body of dis-eased cells and toxins and the building of new healthy cells. The body is also able to quickly eliminate accumulated metabolic waste from all the organs and tissues.
6. When grown in good soil fruits and vegetables contain all the nutrients needed by the human body to regenerate, heal, and stay healthy.
How to do a Juice Fast
1. The Juice Fast should last three days.
2. Use equal amounts of fruit juice and vegetable juice for the entire fast.
3. No solid food is to be taken during the entire fast.
4. Drink as much Juice as you want during the fast. It is best to drink it 8 oz at a time.
5. Drink 1oz of juice per pound of body weight, per day. (Example: a 150-pound person should have 150oz of juice per day)
6. Drink at least one quart of water each day during the fast.
7. If you feel hungry during the juice fast, you are not drinking enough juice.
8. It is a good idea to juice fast three days each month.
9. The Fruit juice should consist of equal parts of apple and grape juice.
10. The Vegetable juice should consist of equal parts of carrot and spinach, and beet- greens juice.
11. A good rule of thumb is: Fruit juices Cleanse and Vegetable juices build.
12. Every hour, drink 8-10 oz of juice, alternating vegetable juice with fruit juice.
Some of Dr. Hardy’s Favorite Juices
Natural Lemon Aid: 4 apples, ¼ lemon with the peel
Stomach: one cup of cabbage, 4 carrots, 2 stalks of celery
Liver: ½ beet with the greens, 3 apples, 2 carrots
Bones: 6 carrots, 1 apple, 1 cup spinach *this is also a Master daily juice*
Skin: 6 carrots, ½ bell pepper, ½ cup kale
Body Cleanser (detox drink): 3 carrots, ½ cucumber, ½ beet with the greens
Lungs: 5 carrots, ½ cup cabbage, ¼ cup potato
Pancreas: 4 carrots, ¼ cup string beans, 3 Brussels sprouts, ½ cup lettuce
Anti-viral: 1 apple, 2 oranges, one cup pineapple *this is also a Master daily juice*:
Immune system: 3 carrots, 1 stalk celery, 1 apple, ½ beet with the greens, ¼ cup wheat grass, ¼ cup parsley
Alkaline drink: 2 carrots, one 3 inch wedge of cabbage, 4 stalks celery
Blood builder: 5 carrots, 1 cup spinach, ¼ turnip with the greens, 4 sprigs of parsley
Diuretic: ¼ of a watermelon including the rind
Arties and veins (to open and cleanse) 2 cups grapes, 2 apples, 1 cup pineapple
Spleen: ¼ cup dandelion, ¼ cup watercress, 4 carrots, and ½ beet with the greens
Colon Tonic: 6 carrots, one 3” wedge green cabbage, and one apple
Bladder Tonic: 3 apples, ½ cup cranberries
Colon Cleanser: 3 pares, and 3 apples
Hay Fever Helper: 6 Carrots, one stalk of celery and ¼ cup of parsley
Pain Relief: 6 carrots, one stalk of celery, ¼ of lettuce and ¼ cup of spinach.
Healthy Heart: 6 Carrots, ½ cucumber & ½ cup cabbage