White tongue? That's not die-off... that's an effin candida flare up. Keep it up and you'll kill yourself, quite literally.
PS the major villain here is the vinegar, not the pickles, which are just slightly harmful. and no, it really does not matter whether the ascetic acid was fermented out of apple juice or grape, it's all the same. in the words of dear old wikipedia, "Sugar and vinegar are the best conditions for yeast to ferment".
if you want to make your body seriously acidic to kill fungi, citric acid
(or better yet, concentrated lime juice) or ASCORBIC ACID (vitamin C) are your safe choices. oh, and when I say safe, I do still mean that in relative terms and sane quantities. start going much over 10 grams (10 000 mgs) vitamin C per day, for example, and you're bound to get vitC poisoning (diarrhea, vomiting) pretty damn fast.