Jha Na Hana
I've been making the SCD yogurt, and some questions have been coming up for me, and I'm looking for others' experiences with this:
1) the role and importance of alkalinity when eating yogurt, especially regarding cows milk versus goats milk.
2) to add half 'n' half, or heavy whipping cream, or some sort of bottled whip for the purposes of removing the separation.
3) Is the wet part of the yogurt safe to drink/eat after being fermented for 24 hours, or do we still need to avoid the whey and stuff in it?
4) why do we zap for only 6 minutes, when that would just stimulate milk parasites? I chose to go around this question for now by doubling the recipe and time to 12min/1 gallon.
5) how important is getting really good quality milk, like for example Whole Foods brand versus Strauss Family Creamery(much better tasting)? In regards to nutrients and toxins in the foods. I personally dont know much about milk and the industry. :)
Thanks so much all. I'm looking forward to making more tomorrow!