Well, I believe detoxification to be a genuine bodily "event," so it sounds like that could be the reaction you have had. The only thing that concerns me is that I would not understand how that would last 2 weeks.
If it were me, I would stop ingesting ANYTHING, e.g. food, supplements, etc., for a while, and see if that helps.
For myself, Freddy, I am a very strong believer in the "free"/extra/alkalinizing/toxin neutralizing/antioxidizing ELECTRONS contained so abundantly in ascorbic acid [so-called vitamin C], i.e. as a cleansing and health promoting modality. But there again, one often must approach its use gradually, as it is a very powerful internal cleanser!
Best of success to you, Freddy!