Hi I have the same problem. Your digestion may be screwed, your large intestine and small intestine may be buggered up, you may have leaky gut, a bacterial and/or fungal overgrowth and your liver/gallbladder is dealing with old bile sludge and/or stones.
Also check out
(for any odour issue - not just TMAU)
cheapest price per pound anywhere I can give you a referral code for a discount as well if you want
I am still fighting this because my situation is more complicated but here is what may help.
1. Drink at least 1.5L to 2L of water per day
2. Buy FOOD GRADE diatomaceous earth (DE) or Bentonite
clay powder in bulk online
Buy unflavoured psyllium husk powder
Thoroughly mix 1 tablespoon of the psyllium and 1 tablespoon of the DE OR mix 1 tablespoon of Bentonite
and 1 tablespoon of psyllium in a cup of water of juice and drink immediately before it gels up. Drink another glass of water immediately after. It tastes nasty so you could alternatively put the powders in empty 00 size capsules and swallow with the water so you don't have to taste them. Take this concoction 2 hours before or 2 hours after medication or supplements to prevent interference. Ensure you drink lots of water throughout the day to ensure this concoction passes through you. This will kill any bad bacteria, yeasts, pathogens etc and clean out mucoid plaque (hardened old food) in your colon which is probably one of the sources of the odour. The psyllium is fiber which will sweep everything out. Look up P and B shakes on curezone for more info. You can do this in the daytime and before bed or just do it once in the daytime or once before bed - your preference. Can be done daily or three times a week whatever.
3. Start taking something to clean out the liver and gallbladder. Here are three things in order of effectiveness: milk thistle seeds, NAC and TUDCA.
Whole milk thistle seeds (don't buy pre-ground) that you buy in bulk cheaply online and then grind fresh in a coffee/spice grinder or just chew very, very thoroughly. Milk thistle has no odour. Take 1/2 tablespoon once daily or up to three times a day. You can take 1 tablespoon instead if you wish but start slow. Since it cleans out the liver of stagnant bile - don't take too much at first, play around with small dosages as it may cause the odour to temporarily increase if you take way too much at first. This means that it's working. You can also put the powder into empty 00 size capsules if you want to avoid the taste. You can also buy milk thistle capsules which are more expensive. It doesn't taste that bad kinda nutty but capsules may be better if you don't like the taste.
NAC is a sulphur amino acid that works even better - unfortunately it may give people eggy gas and/or an eggy smell.
TUDCA (if you can get it) is very, very expensive (or get UDCA - prescription med) but it is the best to clean out the liver. No odour but expensive.
4. You can try taking betaine hydrocloride capsules with every meal to increase stomach acid to ensure better digestion. A teaspoon of apple cider vinegar (ACV) with the mother mixed in a glass of water at every meal also does this. You can find the betaine HCL protocol on curezone. The fresh juice of half a lemon or lime mixed in a glass of water with every meal also is great for improving digestion and cleaning the liver. Drink ACV or lemon/lime juice with a straw, rinse mouth after with water to prevent damage to tooth enamel.
5. Taking slippery elm powder and/or marshmallow root powder with every meal also helps to heal the gastric lining and digest food well.
6. Glutamine powder is extremely effective to heal the gut. You can have anywhere from 1/2 gram to 10 grams per day depending on how severe your issue is. 2 grams and up per day will work faster. Play around with dosages that work for you, start off slow.
7. Start using homemade water kefir or milk kefir for a cheap lifetime supply of probiotics. You can find free kefir grains or low cost grains in your area. They are easy to grow. Or you can use probiotic capsules and prebiotic food sources (search for ones you may like). Take probiotics and/or prebiotics daily if you wish.
8. Start taking digestive enzymes with each meal.
9. Start taking zinc picolinate daily. 200-400 mg per day spaced out into three doses.
10. Make your own wheatgrass shots (extremely easy and cheap) by growing wheatgrass at home or buy liquid chlorophyll and add a half teaspoon of the liquid to a glass of water and drink throughout the day to cover up odour. Mint flavoured or unflavoured.
11. Activated charcoal capsules work but they must be taken 2 hours before or 2 hours after medicine or supplements and they do constipate.
12. If you're in a pinch you can take a double dose of Pepto Bismol (take 2 hours before or after medicines or supplements) once a day to coat the stomach and block odours temporarily. Pepto has bismuth which is a natural metal. Therefore you cannot take it every day (max 3x per week) and you cannot take it longer than 2 weeks. It is also constipating. So use sparingly.
13. Diet is crucial. Stay away from trigger foods such as sugars, junk food, heavily processed food, simple carbs, eat red meat sparingly, eat lots of healthy veg, eat poultry, eat starchy veg sparingly, avoid strong smelling spices or condiments. The bacteria in your gut feed off of starches and sugar. Since your digestion is mashed up if it smells strong before it'll smell strongly on you. Some foods may take up to 48 hours to leave your body so if you wanna cheat either do it on a Friday night and clean yourself out before work on Monday or enjoy yourself and live with it.
14. This issue is complicated and requires patience and dedication. No quick fix, everyone is different. Stress makes this worse so ensure you are taking care of yourself mentally and physically, reach out for support.