After fasting for a few times of only 24 hours or even 16 hours, the outbreak I have is less severe. I tried eating for 5 days of 2 meals with only 80% full in stomach, and the outbreak is less severe. The reason behind fasting is a lot of white blood cells will be used in digestion, so fasting is to let the white blood cells worked not on bacteria/virus in food but on other pre-existing bacteria/virus of the body. I think if I eat less, the white blood cell can be better patroning the Herpes Virus daily, so I tried, and it worked. Afterall, eating up to 80% full will not cause too much hunger. Please let me know if that work for you. However, don't try in the long run, for I don't know the effect of eating only 80% full for 365 days. Where will the body find the food for the rest of the 20% sometimes? I am not going to try that for prolonged period for the daily chore required me sometimes to eat full. And if you think this is not reasonable, don't try for I am not a doctor. I am just trying to help.