When I was in the army, we were all lined up to get our dog tags. We were asked what religion we are, and it was stamped on the dog tags. I never heard even one protest over the word "religion" being used.
Back then it was only another english descriptive word and, was not used as a wedge to drive between Christians.
>>>>my 2 cents worth is that there is the World's version of Christianity-- the Church of Rome or man made Evanegelical or Protestant versions.<<<<
There is enough bickering among Christians, and more than enough outside influences that that would like nothing better than to add fuel to the fire by driving as many wedges as they can between Christians to splinter them, while they sat back and gloat at the demise.
I think it would be more constructive to work together and try to find common ground, and work on ironing out the differences.
There were differences way before our time, but Paul was a great mediator and differences were worked out.
When you mentioned the "Evanegelical". I do not know a lot about them, so I looked it up at http://www.biblegateway.com/
and tried to learn more about evangelist.
# Acts 21:8
On the next day we left and came to Caesarea, and entering the house of Philip the evangelist, who was one of the seven, we stayed with him.
Acts 21:7-9 (in Context) Acts 21 (Whole Chapter)
# Ephesians 4:11
And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers,
Ephesians 4:10-12 (in Context) Ephesians 4 (Whole Chapter)
# 2 Timothy 4:5
But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.
2 Timothy 4:4-6 (in Context) 2 Timothy 4 (Whole Chapter)
1. PAUL » Departs for Caesarea; enters the house of Philip the evangelist; is admonished by the prophet Agabus not to go to Jerusalem; nevertheless, he proceeds to Jerusalem (Acts 21:8-15)
2. PETER » An evangelist (Mark 1:36,37)
3. SYRIA » Paul goes to, with letters to apprehend the Christians; is converted and begins his evangelistic ministry (Acts 9:1-31)
4. MINISTER, Christian » Called » EVANGELISTS (Ephesians 4:11; 2 Timothy 4:5)
5. MINISTER, Christian » HOSPITALITY TO » Philip the evangelist to Paul (Acts 21:8-10)