I posted a similar question in the parasites:skin forum. I have either a serious demodex mite overgrowth, which my symptoms seem to fit very very well, or possbily a very stubbon bacteria/fungus problem, I'm guessing.
It started on my back and has now invaded my scalp. It's itchy, slightly painful, and sometimes results in pimple like bumps (that never come to a head and last for a LONG time).
I have found some things (also posted in the parisites:skin forum) that have worked, but all of them are not very friendly to the scalp for a long period of time (and I apparently need something that will work for about 3 months, so that I can kill each successive layer of hatching babies, if this is mites).
I have a small battery-powered Colloidal Silver
generator that a friend made me a few years ago. Would that be a good scalp tonic? I could easily make up a glass every night and carefully saturate my scalp, but I wasn't sure if a topical application of the CS water would DO anything, so haven't bothered... It would sure be great if it did, though!!!
Does anyone know? I know it would probably kill bacteria and fungus, if that's my problem, but what about mites?