CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: mirena problems finally confirmed by doctor!!!!!

NicholeRyan Views: 3,962
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,004,206

Re: mirena problems finally confirmed by doctor!!!!!

I have now had the Mirena IUD in since May 23, 2007..The reason I had the IUD placed was due to the fact that I have severe Endometriosis and for the past 5yrs Ive gone through 9 surgerys to remove cysts and adhesions and all sorts of things...so my Doctors goal all along was to get me to stop having a period all together..So, 1st step we tried was Oral birth control..didn't work..all I did was continue to have breakthrough bleeding (I basically was bleeding 24/7) and I was nauseaded all the time..so from there we tried Lupron shots..those were a living hell..nothing like experiencing menopausex3 at the age of 20...and I did nothing but bleed on those shots and actually got worse...after Lupron came Arimidex commonly used for treating Breast Cancer patients...and it didnt work for the bleeding..Anyways...Keep in mind I have no children and I am only 23 now..and because of the endometriosis Im now left w/ only one ovary and I refuse to have a Hysterectomy and my Doctors dont want to give me one either So, they wanted me to try the NuvaRing..so I tried it..the 1st 3months i was on it was heaven..I didnt bleed once...then all the sudden i started havin breakthrough bleeding and problems w/ the ring staying in place, it constantly kept falling out..so it failed...Then came the idea to use the Mirena IUD..I felt as though Ive come to my last option so I said ok lets do it. The hole procedure of placing the IUD in my uterus was extremely painful...especially the horrible cramping i had for 3 days following the placement. I had to take Percocet just to get through the pain. For the 1st 2 months I didnt bleed at all then all the sudden I started to bleed and I havent stopped since...Some days its heavy and some days its extremely light. I thought I was parinoid when I started to experience my hair falling out..litterally strands and strands comming out in the shower and as I brush my hair. I asked the Dr. if this is because of the IUD and he says..No it cant be because the medication is administered only in the uterus it doesnt go through your system. I knew I wasnt crazy though and it had to be the IUD causing the hair falling out of my head. Ive also been experiencing horrible pelvic pain and joint pain...bad migrains that I now have to take Topamax for...Ive been experiencing Hot flashes and have been having mood swings like you wouldnt believe. I literally kept thinking that i was crazy and maybe im a Hypochondriact or somthing because all these things cant possibly be wrong with me. So, tonight I did a search on Google and came upon this site and read this story about all these other females going through the same things im experiencing and i literally started to cry. Its like Finally! Maybe now somone will believe me when Im telling them my hairs falling out! Anyways..today is friday..and as of Monday this IUD will be out of me and will be burned! Monday cant come fast enough! Id like to thank all the women who have taken the time to share their stories on here..Its helped me greatly and hopefully mine will help someone too !!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

11.266 sec, (2)