My Tropical Traditions Green Label VCO arrived a couple of days ago. I have not tasted it yet but placed a bottle in the kitchen together with my bottles of VCO from Garden of Life and Wilderness Family.
Funny, but the VCO from GoL and WF are completely liquified but the VCO from TT is still a white solid, altho' it does look as if it is starting to liquefy....
Here're my observations regarding the appearance of my VCOs:
In solid form:
- WF VCO was a clean even white
- GoL VCO had a slightly bluish-grey cast to the white
- TT VCO is white too but not as evenly white as the WF VCO.
In liquid form:
- WF VCO is completely clear
- GoL VCO is mostly clear with a thin whitish layer at the bottom. When you shake the bottle, the whitish layer disappears and the oil looks a little milky. After the oil has had time to settle, the oil becomes clear again and the whitish layer reappears at the bottom of the bottle.
- TT VCO (I'll update this later)
I also ordered a sample from Coconut Supreme. It came in a little plastic satchet, so was a liquid when it arrived. It's completely clear.
I'll do a taste test of the four VCOs when I get back from a business trip and update this post. Am thinking of doing a blind taste test - like the Coke/ Pepsi Challenge LOL!!! Maybe I'll throw in a sample of TT's new non-certified expeller expressed coconut oil as well ; )