CureZone   Log On   Join
Breast Cancer?

Mom2twoboys Views: 2,133
Published: 15 years ago

Breast Cancer?

Hello Everyone,

I'm very glad to find this forum, and from what I've read so far, I shouldn't be really complaining on my side effects, but I need to know if it is normal what I've been experiencing.
I have had IUD Mirena insered in January 2007, when my son was about 8 months old. At first, as probably many of you, I had bleeding, for over 2 months. Then I had irregular bleeding, and then it seemed that my period went back to "normal", excluding that last two times they came two months apart.
About two months ago, I've noticed that I had one breast hurting (by the way, my both kids didn't like to breastfeed from that particular breast, I breastfed them both with the same one breast, I'm not sure if it's connected). Then I got my period and it was fine. Now I've noticed that for two weeks the same breast is hurting again, and no period. I'm not pregnant, I've taken several pregnancy tests. I have a history of Breast Cancer in my family, including my mother, which all makes me very concerned as to why am I experiencing this pain. I've tried doing self exams, but I don't seem to find much difference between regular lumps and the lumps that I should be looking for. I do feel like that breast is a little lumpy. As to descibing the pain, it's very similar to the pain that you get when you have a mastitis, a little pinching pain in the breast, but not hurting is much, also the breast is very sensitive to touch. I have not breastfed for the past 6-7 months, so it can't be mastitis.
Is it a side effect or I should be really concerned. When they talk about "tenderness" of the breast on the websites with description of sideeffects, what kind of tenderness are they talking about?

I will be going to the doctor, but I need to know exactly what's going on, unfortunately I don't have a very good doctor, so I do as much research as possible before going to her, so I feel prepared.

Also if I want to remove Mirena, is it going to be painful again with a lot of bleeding? How long will it get back to normal, including my hormons (does it ever goes back to normal?).

Thanks in advance!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

2.859 sec, (2)