CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: absolutely NOT

trapper/kcmo Views: 1,171
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,025,176

Re: absolutely NOT

you have a good point but ...

24Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.

25Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

26But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30I and my Father are one.

31Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

32Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

you see, the jews completely misunderstood. they were looking for an earthly king. their king was in front of them and they did not recognize him.

one must understand what the term "name" means. it is not an exact spelling and pronounciation of an audible utterence. it is the power and authority which is carried by the one bearing the name that is important. there is nothing magic about the word "jesus" or its spelling or its pronounciation. i have known many mexicans named jesus. i do not worship them. i also do not consider myself committing blasphemy when i address them by their given names.

John 20:31
But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

what this means, then, is that when one believes in jesus christ, one does what he says to do. by accepting this authority and following his words of life, one might also have life. this is done through obedience in action, not by chanting a mantra that includes the words "jesus christ" in it.

so the jews were not of his sheep. who's sheep were they? they claimed moses as their shepherd. jesus did not try to correct them. in fact he told them:

John 5:39
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

the only scriptures they knew were the law of moses and the prophets. jesus was the "word" robed in flesh(john 1). he was telling them they already had the messiah in their hands and werent doing anything with them.

therefor, if they had been good sheep and listened to their shepherd, they would have had what jesus had. when i look at all the other shepherds in the world and hear what they have said, especially regarding loving one another, then i think these shepherds might possibly all have the same father. and there is only one father that teaches love to his children.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

4.203 sec, (2)