CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: To the women out there..

Views: 1,410
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,026,672

Re: To the women out there..

I am just curious as to why you don't get it cultured from a lab? THen you will know what bacteria it is.

I do know, since I have Interstitial Cystitis (IC), that some bacteria are hard to culture. And culture at very low #'s and thus some tests do not find it but some people are prone to problems at very low bacteria counts, like IC.

I know that IC, which shows up as negative for a UTI on all lab tests, may be caused by a bacteria in low #'s. Enterococcus being the # one found, but also Micrococcus as the second highest found in low numbers.

Although this is a bit different, there is a Dr. Dr. Fugazzatto who started to do a different kind of testing for bacteria on urine. He stated one needs to culture urine out for longer, like a week or so. Because Enterococcus is one of those bacteria that can hide it can take longer to culture out. Enterococcus and Micrococcus are very hard to kill.

THere is a lab that does this special kind of broth culture testing called the United Medical Labs. The do these tests for IC.

It is very interesting since all my urine tests were clean, but I did test positive for a low amount of enterococcus in my urine when I sent it into the lab stated above.

I think finding out which bacteria you are dealing with is very helpful. I would try to find a good lab that can do it. Just like Drs, some labs are better than others at finding bacteria depending on how they culture it out.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

1.000 sec, (1)