CureZone   Log On   Join
Iron and Bacteria Question?

Views: 1,136
Published: 14 years ago

Iron and Bacteria Question?

I had chronic UTI's (cultured, Entercoccus found) and then the cultures started to come back negative for bacteria, but I still had all the symptoms. So Dx'd Interstitial Cystitis.

I believe that I still do have a low grade infection that is not being cultured out. I also have IBS-C(constipation).

My question is, I had blood work done, my iron levels are normal, iron binding capacity is normal, in fact everything was normal except that my ferritin was 5! Well below the norm.

I do not feel at all anemic. I read about bacteria and needing iron. Could it be that my ferritin is low because of an infection?

I don't want to take extra iron if I do have an infection.

I would like to use a chelator like IP-6, because I think the bacteria has attached to crystals in my urine that was found, but I am afraid that this may lower my ferritin levels even more?

I would like to take something that will help get rid of the casing on the bacteria and then hit it w/ natural antibiotics.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.484 sec, (1)