CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Candida and pH:

RJK Views: 1,780
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,039,444

Re: Candida and pH:

I've noticed as well that the issue of pH with candida is a little odd, and the water is muddied from both well meaning, and less-than-well-meaning people. You have contradicting claims about what environment candida likes, and how to use pH therapy to treat candida:

1. Some claim that candida likes a low pH (acid), and that taking sodium bicarbonate will treat candida;

2. Others claim the opposite - that candida likes alkalotic (high pH) conditions;

3. You also have the typical pseudoscience from people such as Bee Wilder, claiming that serum pH in a healthy person doesn't need to be 7.35-7.45 (she thinks the normal range of blood pH is false, based more on idealism than knowledge or experience).

Considering that in my line of work I routinely monitor the serum pH of people, I know that she is full of it. The only people who do not have a pH within that range, are those who have a disorder of some sort. When the underlying disorder is corrected (without giving anything to directly alter pH), serum pH in such people return to that 7.35-7.45.

It is quite possible that different formations of candida (albicans & other species) may favour different environments. This makes sense given that candida is known to have many forms, each seemingly designed for penetrating a different tissue type.

Until there is some greater clarity on the pH issue, I would say it is unwise to bother altering pH one way or the other. Just work on your general health, and maintain as much variety in your diet as you can tolerate, and assist your body in maintaining its own pH (which it is designed to do, given the right materials).

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

4.406 sec, (1)