CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Fasting and BPII with persistant depression

chrisb1 Views: 1,375
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,048,286

Re: Fasting and BPII with persistant depression

Aliprice,

I would like to thank you for sharing your personal insight into your fasting experience, which was almost identical to my own!!

My first post here in reply to lovefoodtoomuch (just love that username) didn't really specifically mention emotional issues per se but that is what I meant when referring to mental health: the freedom from depression and emotional issues that fasting brings after the first few days and thereafter.
Initially, I became even MORE depressed in the early stages of my second prolonged fast, but I had read from the annals of fasting literature, and from assorted authors, that this was to be expected by some fasters, so was not unduly alarmed; this gave way to an eventual mental euphoria from which I just didn't want to come down from.

Fasting can produce a spiritually enlightening experience (as attested to by Mahatma Ghandi and others in history) that is prolonged well after the fast is broken; indeed, Upton Sinclair stated that after his first fast to completion, that he had found a "state of superhealth unknown to humans".
Wow !!: that will be my next goal, as soon as I find the time from the need to provide for my family & the financial expense that keeps me at the grindstone. A labour of love & personal sacrifice I can assure you.

Yours in Health-Truth

Chris

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2023  www.curezone.com

0.828 sec, (1)