CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: MIRENA REMOVAL: Has anyone fallen pregnant before even getting their first period ?

rmax Views: 23,874
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,058,720

Re: MIRENA REMOVAL: Has anyone fallen pregnant before even getting their first period ?

i got my mirena iud in november 06, when my baby was two months old. it came out february 22. during that time i only had two periods, one of which was immedietly after insertion, which didnt really make sense to me bc i had it inserted on day 8 of a cycle. i did not have another one until feb 10. at which time i started having horrible ovarian pain as well. my iud came out 12 days later. i was finally able to see the dr mid-march, at which time he said that the pain was being caused by lack of periods and wanted to wait until the end of march to have one on my own bf giving me a pill to start one. i went back the last friday of march at which time he did a pregnancy test to determine if i was pregnant before giving me the pill. i had to have another test done the following monday bc the results of the first was inconclusive, at which time we found out i was definetly pregnant. this was april 2. i had an ultrasound scheduled for the last week of april. and since i have to take progesterone supplements in order to stay pregnant, i knew something was wrong bc the levels were not increasing like they should have. at the us appt it showed that i was not even 5wks when i should have been at least six or seven. i miscarried may 2. i know in my heart that the reason i miscarried was becasue of the hormones left over from the iud. even though i have had four miscarriages previously, after which i had two healthy pregnancies due to the progesterone, i knew that this time it was bc of the iud. i still have the ovarian pain everyday. and its getting harder to deal with the fact that we wont have another baby (husband had a vasectomy 10 days prior to us finding out i was pregnant!) because the baby was due the 17th of this month. right before christmas. it nearly kills me everyday when i hear about other people and their babies and the fact that my cousin is having her baby son anyday now really does not help. im just tired of hearing about it all, its like nobody cares about my feelings, its like my baby never existed. i hope this does not happen to you, i wish this never had to happen to anyone. i wish you the best.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2023  www.curezone.com

0.922 sec, (2)