CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: MIRENA REMOVAL: Has anyone fallen pregnant before even getting their first period ?

sunshine84 Views: 24,494
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,059,399

Re: MIRENA REMOVAL: Has anyone fallen pregnant before even getting their first period ?

Well it's the fifteenth of December now and still NO period! I have taken a total of five pregnancy test now and they are more than clearly negative. I called my doctor in the beginning of the week and she said I could very well be pregnant and it's just to early to detect but she also said that if by the 10th of Jan (60 days from removal!) and the pregnancy test are still negative then she will want to prescribe something to get them back on track! It's really weird because my breast are soooo enlarged, Smells really get to me, I'm all of a sudden getting bad headaches and I just have that very full feeling in my stomach but looking at my stomach you wouldn't really tell because it's just that odd full feeling when I haven't even eaten( If you have been pregnant you know what I mean!).My appetite is a bit much but if I eat to much I feel nauseous. I didn't have periods while I was on Mirena but the first time I had Mirena and decided to get it removed to conceive our second child I had that one about 2 years or more and again with no periods during that time and when I had it removed I had absolutely no problem with my period getting back on track! I also want to mention I didn't have any of the side effects after the removal and that was after having it in for two years! It took us 6 months to be able to conceive our daughter after that removal and it also took several weeks for the pregnancy test to read a FAINT positive! I guess I just would like to know why , why am I experiencing these symptoms if I'm not pregnant and like I said in the first forum I had a little spotting for a couple days after removal but nothing since ( so it's been about 35 or more day's!)It's really not like my body to miss periods with having no birth control! Did it take anyone else this long to get a positive on a pregnancy test and/or did anyone else experience these pregnancy like symptoms up to 35 days upon removal and not actually be pregnant???? Also I just wanted to say if your wondering why I haven't already been to my doctors to get a blood test to verify for sure if I'm pregnant is because I'm waiting to get my insurance back and will have no choice but to wait the 60 days from removal to get the prescription to start my period if I'm not pregnant! Any comments or advice is very much appreciated and I will keep everyone posted so maybe in the end result of all this drama I can help someone else=)
And thank you for the already made comments=)

Oh I also wanted to mention I know others have posted this before but I just wanted to kinda verify! From the mouth of my doctor SHE said YES you can still get pregnant with having NO periods after removal! So for those that have asked before maybe that will help some!

I also wanted to add this site with some useful information from actual women experiencing the exact same thing some of which were indeed pregnant!

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/27406

I will keep you posted! Take care & Thank you!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2023  www.curezone.com

3.982 sec, (2)