CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: How many "final straws" do you need?

herb-gal Views: 3,382
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,065,021

Re: How many "final straws" do you need?

I agree, that we always think it will turn around. If you read my post below, you'll see why I feel it was my fault this time...and this time was the final straw...for him, not me.

But the hard part is losing someone you love. Sure, it might not be a healthy relationship, or maybe it just seems that way because often when we seek help, we focus on the negative with hardly any mention of how good we feel with that person.

I mean...this is my 3rd night without, what I still consider my SO (yes we're broken up), and I'm having such a hard time getting through the day. I fear coming home to an empty apartment. I feel like an ass for being annoyed with the video games or guitar being loud enough to come through the bedroom walls when I was trying to sleep because now I just feel lonely without all of that. Going to bed is hell. I feel like I am neglecting my pets because I'm afraid to come home and be anxious and alone.

So while yes, we might realize frequently enough that we deserve better, but is it so unreasonable to simply hope (at least for a while) that things will get better? I can tell you right now, personally, I'd rather come home to him while he's upset with me, rather than knowing he won't be here when I get home...and that he won't be here (living here) ever again.

It breaks my heart.

Sometimes we just become blind to all of that and convince ourselves that it doesn't matter. In reality, things that are argued over, half the time, don't really matter. Especially when we feel like nothing when they are gone and everything when they are with us.

Judging by what was said...yeah, the guy seems like an %¤#&!§-. But give her some credit. Love is love and sometimes love leads to dependency, addiction, or comforting familiarity. The loss of ANYTHING, or even the thought of it is a very difficult thing to handle.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

1.094 sec, (1)