CureZone   Log On   Join
Fairy Tales

Views: 3,303
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,066,608

Fairy Tales

Alikat & Molly, it's also been an example that I've used over the years that the nature of women has been thoroughly manipulated over centuries (millenia?) through literature, art, legend, etc. From "Cinderella," to "Sleeping Beauty," to "The Little Match Girl," women have been portrayed as sacrificing for the good of someone else.

In the case of "Snow White," she's brought back from the brink of death by Prince Charming and they lived happily ever after, etc....... When is someone going to write a contemporary Fairy Tale that has the female protagonist thanking Prince Charming kindly for his attention, but replying, "No, thanks. I've got a Fortune 500 corporation to run, a gallery to open, and I'm chairing the Chamber of Commerce for the next year, but I'm willing to do lunch with you every now and again." ?????

There ain't no such animal as a "Prince Charming!" LOL

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

2.875 sec, (1)