CureZone   Log On   Join
I found my P.C.

Molly Bloom Views: 3,277
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,067,042

I found my P.C.

Prince Charming that is. Hey, so what if he is clinically depressed? LOL. I love him so much. I feel blessed.

I understand what you wrote. It's so very complicated. In fact, it's another conversation to have on the Women's Forum. I bet if we started it, it would be a very very long thread. And if we did that, we would have to ask certain questions, like the age of the poster, their ethnic background, their level of education, what area of the country they are from.....I'm telling you, once you ask those questions the answers become SO interesting.

I was accepted for a PhD about 17 years ago at UC Berkeley. I was going to do a study in the Interpersonal Relationship of Women in Business. I had some theories....I was so lucky.

What happened? I got pregnant. My husband lost his job and I was the sole support for about 3 years (It was the last major recession). I lost the opportunity!! Now it's hard to get into a program, and the person that sponsored me is dead....I so wanted to learn what made women tick.

Perhaps I'll start a thread. The lines of male and female are indeed very fuzzy these days. But you have to admit that it was the brave, and unpopular women who were the ones that pushed the envelope so that we even have the benefits we now experience. I remember, it wasn't that long ago, women could not apply for credit (like a house) without having a man sign the application. Women in the late seventies knew that they could not be managers in some companies, it just wasn't going to happen. Women were being sexually abused in the office...on a daily basis, with no rights. Women did not (and still do not) earn equal pay.

I'm sorry, I just don't feel sorry for men (and when I say that, I mean WHITE men). I love them, but they are still king of the hill in business. This is an observation after over 30 years in corporate america.

Anyway, let's start that thread some day, you and I. No fear, you were very eloquent. It's a very emotional, and as I said, complicated subject.

Love, Molly

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

0.672 sec, (1)