CureZone   Log On   Join
ok, ok, just one more response

Roooth Views: 3,943
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,081,886

ok, ok, just one more response

oooooh! I think I got it. What you wrote kinda incubated when I walked away from the computer. I think what you meant was: it's the fact that we question in and of itself that shows the destruction of moral fabric of society, but rather the fact that the fact that the question is widely accepted illustrates how lax society has become progressively over the years, right? By Jove, I think I've got it!

If I'm correct, read on.

Ah yes, a common argument. I can do a tidbit of discussion on this one. In general, I've wondered how much it is true with each piece of evidence that is shown that our society is deteriorating. I don't believe for an instant that society back then was nearly as rosy as Donna Reed or as it was put on to be. For a lot of issues, I think the IMAGE of society was way more controlled. But then perhaps it was TV driven by ratings that made a big change - when they found how sensational riskee stuff was and the image changed over time... that may be part of it. I definitely think this accounts for some perceived deterioration of morals. There are some things like homosexuality that are genetically linked and there is a pretty standard percetage of the population independent of culture who are that way. Yet, other things such as bisexuality definitely appear to have a fasionable streak lately. Oh heck, this is getting long, the debate on bisexuality could be very long really, I've got a good bit of info on that... and I'm tired, bed is calling!

Well anyway, the message isn't a book but it keeps getting longer in my head! I think you may have the gist of where I'm going even though the full argument is missing. Yeah, if you're in Honolulu sometime, stop by, we'll chat it up! :)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

16.813 sec, (1)