CureZone   Log On   Join
Image Embedded Thinking about getting Mirena, but am scared to death of all the side effectd=s and insertion pain.

californiagirl Views: 12,321
Published: 13 years ago

Thinking about getting Mirena, but am scared to death of all the side effectd=s and insertion pain.

image I am 38 years old and currently taking the Ortho Evra patch. I took it for over a year with no problems, but suddenly developed severe panic and anxiety. I was already being treated with Ambien 10mg every night to address a long standing sleep disorder and was doing very well with this, so the doctor added Xanax ER, which helps a lot when I take it. I have tried traditional antianxiety meds such as Paxil and Zoloft with terrible results. I originally started on the patch because the birth control pill that I was on for many years lowered my sex drive until it was non-existent and caused vaginal dryness and painful sex. I tried other pils, but they did not help. My sypmtoms have gotten so bad that I will need to go off the patch. Originally, the doctor thought my thyroid was to blame for my symptoms. My copper levels are also high. After researching all of this, the doctor concluded that the patch was causing my thyroid and copper levels to elevate. I cannot concentrate or remember anything. I will ask the same person the same question over and over again because I don't recall asking in the first place. A have tremors in my hands and myoclonic jerks all over my body. My mood swings are terrible. I fly into a rage at the slightest provocation. I am weepy and I am a person who NEVER cries. A am overly sensitive to light, noise, odors, breaks in my routine, you name it. I have lost a lot of weight and am basically never hungry. I am hyperactive and distractible. I don't even recognize myself anymore and actually feel sorry for everyone who has to deal with me. I have also been having terrible night sweats and heart palpations at night. My gynecologist, primary and endocronologist all think that Mirena would be a good idea. I have to have some sort of horemone treatment because without intervention I have excruciating periods that last for 14 days. I am completely incompasitated for the first 3 or 4 days with cramps. All I can do is lie down and throw up. Then I become anemic and can barely get out of bed. At this point, I have to do something because I cannot continue like this. I was all set to get Mirena but then read on the forum about the symptoms people were having. I don't want something inside me that it going to cause even more anxiety and pain. I really think that I would like to get an endometrial ablation and just be done with horemones all together. Can anyone please help? I would really appreciate it.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

15.297 sec, (2)