CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Thinking about getting Mirena, but am scared to death of all the side effectd=s and insertion pain.

DevilsAngyl Views: 11,144
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,083,924

Re: Thinking about getting Mirena, but am scared to death of all the side effectd=s and insertion pain.

I've had mirena for a bit over 2 yrs now (since 10.31.05) and I love it. I also had issues with my periods, they'd last very long (anywhere from 10-14 days) and were very painful. The pills were horrible and I got preg several times on them (resulting in my middle daughter and 2 miscarriages). The patch I liked but DH said when it was my "week off" I also had some mood swing issues. We wanted something a bit more "semi-perminate" so I got mirena. I haven't had any issues other than bleedping/spotting the first 3 months (but it may not have been the IUD since I never really stopped bleeding after I had my youngest, which was Aug 27). I guess diff things work for diff people. I love mine, my friend had to get her's take out because, between having the paraguard first and then mirgana) she experienced a lot of issues and ended up getting lots of infections from them. Good luck!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

17.703 sec, (1)