CureZone   Log On   Join
Agave nectar...

jana Views: 4,658
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,087,613

Agave nectar...

Agave nectar is a natural sweetener (with the consistency of maple syrup, I would say), that popped up in the stores about a year or so ago. I am sure you would be able to find some in any natural food store in Australia as well. It has very pleasant taste with no weird aftertaste (as far as I can tell).
I know one can also find some sort of agave juice to drink, but I am not familiar with that.

Of course I try to stay away from white Sugar as much as I can (no easy task, since that crap has been added to so many things, oh, yes, and it has now this nice sounding politically correct name - "organic cane syrup", HA!)
I find the maple syrup and agave "nectar" (as it is called) most easily digested by my body, and it does not produce the "high and crash" symptoms, that white Sugar does...
(even honey does not work for me, seems to affect me just the same as sugar)...

All that being said, it is my understanding, that no matter how NATURAL or ORGANIC the sweetener is, it still WILL feed the candida boogers, and stevia is really the only natural sweetener, that does not have that effect... so it is OK and suggested to use with candida.

And I use stevia most of the time, just occasionally indulge in the others.

About the use of stevia, I actually flavor mine with bitter almond taste, which I find most appealing, and use it mostly in teas, or occassional coffee, or the instant dandelion drink called the Dandy blend (very delicious and also actually good for you), or I put it in yogurts, smoothies and rice puddings.
Pretty much anything, that you would use Sugar (bud would not want to :-)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.875 sec, (1)