CureZone   Log On   Join
RECEIVING Healing

MentalNomad Views: 2,409
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,090,460

RECEIVING Healing

It is more of James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. They were healed because of their faith, and faith without actions is dead. They were told to do certain actions and they did obey and do them, but it was acting out of faith. God heals sinners and unbelievers all the time, it is their faith that heals them. Some people teach that sin in a person's life stands in the way of receiving healing, if that were the case then none of us would ever get healed because none of us are ever going to be worthy enough. As far as I can tell the only sin I see standing in the way or hindering prayers is unforgiveness in the Bible.

The statement that the article makes "In fact, there are times when the Lord may actually send a physical illness or keep a person in poor health in order to prevent a worse evil. Another mistake is to attribute all physical illnesses to sin, for neither Job's illness nor St. Paul's "Thorn in the Flesh" was due to sin (Job 2:10, II Corinthians 12:7-9). Mention is made elsewhere of sufferings which are according to God's will (IPeter 4:19)" is just so wrong. It is so sad to see such hypocrisy spread forth in the Body of Christ. Let me counter it with a great deal of scripture, John 8:32And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. It is my hope that this might do just that for some of those who are stuck in a religious mindset that is holding them back from God's truth of His word.

The suffering in direct context in 1 Peter chapter 4 is suffering in the flesh for temptation of our own lusts and suffering persection for Jesus Christ--it's not talking about suffering sickness and nor is suffering ever refferred to as sickness in the NT and sickness is shown clearly in the word of God to not be God's will.

Firstly, it's a simple deception of the devil that Paul's thorn in the flesh was even a sickness and goes against the rest of the New Covenant in the New Testament to even believe so. In the chapter directly before Paul mentions the thorn in the flesh he talks about all he has been through

2 Cor 11:23 I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.

24Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.

25Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;

26In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;

27In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.

28Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.

29Who is weak, and I am not weak? who is offended, and I burn not? 30If I must needs glory, I will glory of the things which concern mine infirmities.

The only thing that makes people even believe the false doctrine of Paul's thorn in the flesh being some sort of sickness is the word infirmity, however infirmity is not always used to mean sickness in the Bible and Paul had just shown clearly what were his infirmities--the things he suffered in the flesh and none of them mentioned were any type of sickness.

2 Cor 12:7And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Here is some of what Andrew Wommack says about it, I'll just use some of his article to counteract the other article I suppose. "First of all, this "thorn" came because of the abundance of revelations Paul had received. Until a person has an abundance of revelations, similar to what Paul had, he is not going to have a "thorn." That would disqualify just about all of those who have been hiding behind Paul's thorn.

Then, verse 7 says it came lest Paul should be exalted above measure. Traditionally, that has been interpreted to say the thorn was to keep Paul humble. Therefore, God had to be the author of it, because only God would want Paul to be humble. But there is a godly way of being exalted. First Peter 5:6 says, "Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time." Those who submit (humble) themselves to God will be exalted by God. Paul was not speaking of exalting himself above measure through pride, but rather, the thorn came from Satan to keep Paul from being exalted by God in the eyes of the people. Many more people would have received what Paul preached if everything was always "rosy" for him. But there was this messenger of Satan who always buffeted Paul and scared away the faint-hearted from committing themselves to Jesus, whom Paul preached.

God magnified, or exalted, Joshua in the sight of his people (Josh. 3:7). He continued to do that with the people He used on into the new covenant (Acts 5:13). So, we see that the exalting spoken of is not a negative kind but a godly kind. That just further strengthens the fact that the thorn was not God's doing.

In verse 7, right after the thorn in the flesh is mentioned, there is a phrase set off by commas which says, "The messenger of Satan to buffet me." This is an explanation of what the thorn was. It was not a thing but rather a demonic messenger. The word used as "messenger" here is always translated as angel or messenger and refers to a created being. So, Paul's thorn was literally a demon sent from Satan to buffet him. The word "buffet" means to strike repeatedly as waves would buffet the shore.

So, in context, Paul's thorn was a demonic angel or messenger sent by Satan which continually stirred up persecution against him. This is also verified by three Old Testament references (Num. 33:55; Josh. 23:13 and Judg. 2:3), where people are spoken of as being "thorns in your sides" and "thorns in your eyes." To read the whole article you can go here: http://awmi.net/extra/article/pauls_thorn

Also to believe that God wouldn't heal Paul counteracts several other Bible verses such as Isaiah 53, Matthew 8:17, and 1 Peter 2:24 that by Jesus stripes we WERE healed (past tense, already happened) and that healing was part of the atonement of Jesus Christ and the price he already paid for us. It counteracts quite a few more key Bible verses such as John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. The devil is the one putting sickness, killing, destroying and stealing people's lives--not God. God is good, the devil is bad simple as that. James 1:17Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. Everything good is from God and there is no shadow or darkness in Him. He is the father of LIGHTS. Even people who go to hell is because of their own choosing, it is not because it is God's will that they go there. 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. God wants all to come to him and he is not willing that any perish. Not in hell and not from sickness either. Acts 10:34Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: God is no respecter of persons, so to say that God would heal one person and not another is saying that he is a respecter of persons or that he loves one person more than another or another person lives a holier life so they deserve healing more. NOT TRUE and totally against the Bible. Teaching like this hypocrisy is what hinders people receiving the healing that Jesus Christ already paid the price for. James 4:7Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Teaching like that makes people wonder if it is God's will for them to be sick so they don't resist it, they submit to the sickness and just passively ask God to heal them if he wants to. God has already shown clearly that it is his will that we be healthy, 3 John verse2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
and from the word of God we know God's will. If a person knows that it is God's will for them to be in health then they don't doubt that it is God's will to heal them. Practicly every Christian believes God can heal a person, most of them just don't know if God wants to heal them. Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge There is lots more I could say to the keys and principles of God's word to receiving healing but that would have to wait till another time as my husband has came back home and I want to spend time with him. If you're actually interested though let me know and I can type that all out, maybe have time on Monday? I will tell you that since coming to the revelation of these truths of the Word that I experience healing almost every time now in my personal life and in the lives of my direct family. Still searching for the factor of why those I pray for do not have the same great results? I was always taught the "if it's God's will you'll be healed" lie and I rarely if ever experienced healing. Now that I know it is God's will for me to be healed each and every time and was part of the atonement of Jesus' blood I experience healing almost every single time. John 8:32And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. Yay God! Much love in Christ, Caitlin Lorraine

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.332 sec, (9)