CureZone   Log On   Join
Teeth Stains

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

More
VirtualInsanity Views: 1,011
Published: 13 years ago

Teeth Stains

Hello. I am 17 years old and I have had stains in my teeth ever since my permanent teeth have grown in. The stains are of a dull gray-ish color. It affects the top row and bottom row. I have been examined by two dentists who have two very different opinions on the stains.

The first dentist explained that the stains occurred because of the lack of my consumption of milk while at a young age. However, I drank milk just as much as any regular kid would consume. I spoke to another dentist and explained to him the opinions of the previous dentist.

This dentist however, claimed that the stains were of no doing on my part. He said the stains are not regular stains and that the tooth grew with the stain, that they weren't acquire over time. He claims that my mother must of taken some medicine or something while she was pregnant with me for this to have happened. While my mother swears she did not take any type of medicine while being pregnant with me, I still have my doubts. While this could border on being "too much information" it pertains to the situation. My mother is a drug-addict and a heavy heavy smoker. I can't help but think that at least one of these actions happened during the time she was pregnant.

I asked the dentist if whitening would fix the problem. He stated that it would make the teeth whiter but it would not remove the stains. And that I would not get the results that I desire. He said the only way would be to get veneers. We all know that veneers are expensive and I, nor my family is in the position for this to be done. The stains cover the majority of the visible teeth.

What could I possibly do about this problem? Any help or your opinions on the matter would greatly help. Thank you and my apologies for the long read.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.297 sec, (1)