CureZone   Log On   Join
Good results from Cinnamon leaf oil

English John Views: 2,431
Published: 14 years ago

Good results from Cinnamon leaf oil

I have suffered from scalp folliculitis, gram-negative epidermidis, for about 13 years.

I stopped Antibiotics a while ago, and went down the natural route.

I have a routine of bleaching my hair, using H202 12%, about every 3-4 weeks. I know this is no good for a lot of people, but it usually clears up all infection for a week or so.

After that, when new spots start to form, usually, I've used Lavender & Tea Tree Oil to keep them at bay, as well as Dove soap (as a shampoo), and cleaning with Q-Tips and 50% Isopropyl alcohol (as advised by Kizzy in a previous posting). I would like to use 91%, but I live in Japan, and can't get it here.

I've read a few lab reports about the effectiveness of cinnamon leaf & bark oil against many bacteria, including a few strains that cause folliculitis. The bark oil is supposed to be too strong, so I bought a bottle of the leaf oil.

Recently, only about once or twice a fortnight (as it's so strong), I've put 2-3 drops around the infected areas of my scalp, before sleeping. It stings, and direct skin contact is not recommended, but it has rapidly cleared up infection, on a par with the 12% H202 that I use.

I can actually feel it penetrating the infected areas, and by morning, the area already feels improvement. After 2 days, the spots have gone, and maybe just a few small scabs are left.

Be warned, if you have a shaved head, it is very potent, and leaves a red mark for a few days, and I therefore try not to use it too often, as I think daily use could cause long term skin damage. I have hair, so red skin for a few days is no problem for me. Maybe mixing it with another oil, or into some cream could be a good idea, although I haven't tried this.

I highly recommend giving this a try, and using a seperate pillow case for the night, as this stuff has a potent, slightly sickly smell (if like me you're not a cake fan).

Also, I've had a couple of spots on my face. I popped the puss (I know this is not recommended), and took it off with a Q-Tip. I then immediately applied H202 12% to that small area for about 3-5 minutes. Immediately more puss came from the spot, and I dabbed that off, adding a little more H202. Then after a few minutes I cleaned it off. The spots disappeared rapidly using this method, and I've had no re-infection on my face. I think maybe as the spot head is open, the H202 penetrates quickly and can kill the bacteria quickly, which pops out as white puss.

Please post in this thread if you give any of these methods a try, and thanks to everyone for keeping posting, this forum has helped to turn my life around, really.

Also, I got the cinnamon oil from here

http://www.jrmushroomsandspecialties.com/index.php?cPath=31_95&osCsid=d38a3a3...

although I'm sure you can buy it easily locally.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

0.234 sec, (2)