CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: bb/fbo [cleanse/champex help]

And Try Again Views: 9,017
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,121,783

Re: bb/fbo [cleanse/champex help]

Hi, sorry to hear about your situation, it brings back memories of my own school days and it was unbearable. There are lots of us here who can sympathise and we are all searching for a way to be odour free. I think the best thing you can do is search through other peoples posts and see what has worked for them. Personally I use Champex and I think it has helped with my underarm body odour, foot odour and bad breath. I say I think because I just have to draw conclusions from how I perceive other peoples reactions as I don't talk about it to anyone but the medical profession and people on these sites! It's difficult if you can't really smell yourself or you can't tell how much of a smell others catch a whiff of. The only thing with Champex is that it is expensive to use on a permanent basis. I would recommend reading 'hadenuff's recent posts as he claims to be completely free of odour. He tackled his diet and fought a brave battle. It is not easy to get through this but try to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Have you seen mpdela's posts? She has posted so much information about her sons situation and she explains how he manages to control the odour problem. Her son has a condition called trimethylaminuria/TMAU (which is what I have too). If you don't know anything about this condition please have a look on the forum. I have posted there alot and so have many others who feel like they are in the same situation as you. It may be that you have TMAU as it can start around puberty. TMAU is caused by difficulty in metabolising choline into trimethylamine. Choline rich foods include eggs, fish, liver, kidney, peas, beans, peanuts, soya products, brussels, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower and rapeseed products. It may help if you omit these from your diet. I would also recommend that you drink plenty of water and try the following:

Activated charcoal (750mg twice daily for 10 days)

Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)100mg four times a day (prolonged use has been found to cause diarrhea in some people, but try it because I have read some fantasitic things about this working very quickly in those who respond well to it!)

Copper chlorophyllin (60mg three times a day after meals for three weeks)

I have also read that zinc is important but can't find the specific info at the moment!

Avoid supplements with LECITHIN and CHOLINE

From what I can gather TMAU can smell like a variety of different things although some maintain that its not TMAU if it doesn't smell like fish. You have to decide which way to go for yourself. Tests for TMAU are available, but there is still limited knowledge about TMAU and many doctors don't know it exists.

As for doing a cleanse, I'm sure it would be beneficial but probably not essential. I need to explore cleanses more as I don't know too much about them, but if they get things moving in the bowels I'm sure it has to be a good thing.

Do you have anyone to talk to? Have you got friends at school? It is awful to think that you are suffering alone, but good that you have come here. It is a great start. Can you talk to your parents about this or someone you trust? Please remember its not your fault. It may not be TMAU but the supplements listed above seem to get results for people with all sorts of odour issues.

Hope this helps

Take good care of yourself

Love

ATA

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

2.734 sec, (2)