CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: I know what you mean.

Natural Cancer Remedies
Cancer-proof your body with little known immune boosters!

More
More

Natural Cancer Remedies
Cancer-proof your body with little known immune boosters!

anja Views: 4,886
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,122,668

Re: I know what you mean.

thanks Molly. We have been sleeping apart about 50% of the time we've been in this house together, and so far nothing has changed relationship-wise, if anything things are better between us (probably in part because on those nights I'm not mad at him for "keeping me up, and he's happier because he slept better not having to worry about waking me). Though I do know what you mean about that energetic separation having an effect, and just the potential snowballing of separateness, doing less and less intimate things together. I worry about that, and I think it's why I'm so upset about it and resisting what I suspect is accepting the inevitable. WE got together later in life, and he is a very private person who needs a lot of alone time and personal space, and I do too to a lesser degree, so we sort of operate like that anyway and neither one takes offense, it's a bit of an unusual relationship, I guess.

I do wear ear plugs (thanks for the heads up about the ear wax issue, I'll have to keep tabs on that), and we have a king bed with 2 extra long twin mattresses on it to reduce the bounce factor, so between all that and a noise machine, I'm not sure what else I can do. I have been having so many bad headaches lately and can't sleep laying down when I do, and I snore sitting up, so rather than keep HIM awake, I sleep in the other room on those nights, but then I get used to that and when I try to go back to bed with him, I can't sleep when I hear him or feel him flopping around. There's actually no room for a TV in there, we have that king size bed in a small downstairs kid-sized room so he can have the upstairs master "loft" for his workspace. Maybe if we got a flat screen and hung it on the wall, but he is really against the idea, and I have to admit I know it's not good - I think it messes with the pineal gland and sleep cycles, so I see his point. Ideally I'd find a way to adapt, but I don't see the light-sleeper thing improving any time soon, if ever, I just have a feeling I'm wired that way for better or worse, so when my usual 5 hours or so is interrupted and cut short, I can't function. Maybe if I just forced myself to sleep in there every night, headache or no (he'd have to put up with me snoring on those nights), I'd eventually get used to it, or get so exhausted that I'd sleep some, anyway. Still, there's that whole thing about flopping down in front of the tube at night to watch late airings of Project Runway or MASH reruns that I find strangely relaxing, but if I doze off and I'm not already "in bed," getting up to move, pull shades down, etc., by that time I'm wide awake again, and forget about getting back to sleep if he's still on his back and doing his "pooooofff pooooooffff" thing, or worse, the full-on major snore (which I know I do also in certain positions, but he sleeps like a log).

Someone suggested audiobooks to me, and I wonder if that could be a solution as a TV alternative. I might actually learn something...

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.281 sec, (2)