I totally second what you are saying about plugging your nose. I read you (or someone else) suggest that a week ago. I dug out a really skookum noseplug that I had around and now I mix my mms with citric acid outside the house, leave it out there for the three minutes, then come out with a full glass of water. I put some of the water in with the activated mms and drink it down, then chase it with more pure water. When I come in and take off the noseplug I have not even caught a whiff of the chlorine dioxide, which was making me gag hard before.
I did find a juice that's supposed to be low in vit C that I was using to dilute for a while. It didn't taste bad at all. Then I read Silver Fox's posts on how variable juices are in terms of how much chlorine dioxide they remove from the solution. I don't have testing strips, but that made me suspect that the juice mixture might be tasting so good because it was taking out all of the chlorine dioxide. So I think water is better.