CureZone   Log On   Join
PLEASE HELP! I AM PREGNANT and have MIRENA. Is it harmful in any way for the fetus?

Pregnant with Mirena Views: 1,559
Published: 13 years ago

PLEASE HELP! I AM PREGNANT and have MIRENA. Is it harmful in any way for the fetus?

I hope to find some answers here, I would imagine that some of you might have gone through a similar experience.
I just found out that I am 4 weeks pregant and I've had the Mirena for about a year, doctor said it looks like it's properly positioned. (Well then How on earth could this happen???????)
First, I just want to say that for me, the entire experience with Mirena has been absolutely aweful from the first minute. I was screaming from pain when it was put in, it was worse than giving birth. Then I kept bleeding for about 6 monts, accompanied by cramps and discomfort. Then finally for a few months my body just started to get used to it and then I felt strange....tenderness in my breasts, irregular period...so I took a test, then another and they were positive.
Now I am in shock. My husband and I just don't know what to do, we feel lost.
I got the Mirena because it was supposed to be 99.9% proof and now I am pregnant and don't know if it's safe for the baby or what kind of effects Mirena could have on the fetus. The doctor removed the Mirena 3 days ago (luckily that was painless).

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE POTENTIAL RISKS or SIDE EFFECTS Of MIRENA on the FETUS?

Please respond!!!!! THANKS!!!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

14.219 sec, (1)