CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: My Side Effects With Mirena

deannaB Views: 6,588
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,169,558

Re: My Side Effects With Mirena

missyvonne, I had Mirena for almost 8 months too. I was extremely tired the last few weeks I had Mirena and up until very recently (Monday I'll be 4 weeks post-removal). My symptoms also included:

anxiety
constant worry
agitation and irritability
NO libido
fogginess and inability to concentrate
extreme fatigue
the feeling of "am I really here" (almost like an out-of-body experience) - I'm experiencing this feeling a lot this week, probably because of my period, but who knows
horrible bouts of OCD
Acne (even though I've never had skin problems)
hair loss (which I didn't realize until after the Mirena was removed - I actually noticed I wasn't losing hair anymore)
the feeling of "doom"
I'm very social with friends and family and I started to distant myself from everything/everyone.
The list goes on and on....

I work from home and there were days that I couldn't or wouldn't get off the couch. I was just too tired. A few weeks before I had Mirena removed were the worst weeks of my life. From time to time I would experience the above effects off and on, but it's like a switch went off all of a sudden and I felt all of the above ALL OF THE TIME. I would have panic attacks that lasted for days. And on top of that, even though I was extremely tired, I wasn't sleeping and when you don't sleep, everything was worse.

I can say now that a lot of my symptoms are gone or are lessening, accept for this week - I had my first period in 8 months, so I attribute that to this weeks agony, and I have a lot more energy. I actually WANT to do things, instead of just lay around like a pile of laundry.

Give it time....it will get better.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

2.000 sec, (1)