Re: About Mirena IUD

Clarkia Extra Strong
Clarkia Tincture 2 oz, 4 oz, 8 oz, and 16 oz

More
missyvonne Views: 1,590
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,169,723

Re: About Mirena IUD

I respectfully beg to differ--it is NOT a well-known fact that birth control should not be taken while breastfeeding. This may be known by some health professionals but I assure you that there is information everywhere a lay-person will look which leads countless women to believe that Mirena is safe to use while breastfeeding. In fact it's hard to find information for a patient which tells them that it is NOT safe or at the very least, questionable, to breastfeed while using Mirena!

Even La Leche League--the "Breastfeeding Nazis"--support the use of progestin-only contraception while breastfeeding.

ALL of my practitioners, including my midwife, OB, primary care physician, knew that I was breastfeeding, and I was ASSURED that it was a safe option for a breastfeeding mom.

I'm glad for you that you were given this information, but many, many women have been told the exact opposite by their doctors.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

2.547 sec, (1)