CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: My Side Effects With Mirena

missyvonne Views: 6,416
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,169,683

Re: My Side Effects With Mirena

I am going to talk to my midwife & OB about this, I did look at the PDF for physicians. The person above insinuated that a "good doctor" would inform his/her patients about the risks--but this is simply not the case. I live in Boston and my practice is one of the best in THIS city alone, a city full of excellent health care providers. MANY of my friends have been told, by practioners all around this area, that it's safe to use Mirena while breastfeeding. So this "common knowledge" suggestion made above is bunk.

Before I got the Mirena, of course I did do research on it. I read about the possible side effects, and I was OK with them. I was told by everyone/read everywhere that the most annoying side effect is the lack of or unpredictable periods.

I know women who are happy with the Mirena. But after my experience, I'm finding more and more women who are completely unhappy with it.

I'm going to ask my midwife & OB why they recommend the IUD to breastfeeding moms despite the fact that on the Mirena PDF for physicians, it states that Mirena "Should not be the first choice for lactating women", and that it's not recommended. Of course this information is NOT on the PATIENT PDF.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

13.598 sec, (1)