CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: BARF - Help with the transition!

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

More
abcxyz Views: 1,197
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,177,625

Re: BARF - Help with the transition!

How's her weight?

I've been blessed with healthy dogs so this observation only applies if Miss Memphis is healthy: I've always tried to keep my dogs a little bit on the lean side, and as long as I'm successful they have never been picky about their food. The only times I have ever seen any evidence of pickiness, it's corresponded to somebody getting a bit too sleek.

I've fed my last two dogs raw from puppyhood, but I've switched around a lot as far as sometimes using bagged frozen stuff, sometimes assembling meals myself from the grocery store, etc..

So -- if Miss M is on the sleek side, try cutting back on portion size or even fasting her for 12-24 hours. Again this assumes she's healthy, but it won't hurt her and may be what you need to whet her appetite enough so she'll try something new.

Dogs, by my observation, are scavengers by nature so switching to new foods really ought to be something that they take in stride. If Miss M is older of course she may have lost that tendency to some degree . . . and I know dogs with health issues e.g. thyroid can sometimes go off food . . .

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.703 sec, (1)