Okay, I read this entire thread (just found the Women's forum, how fun!).
1) I'd be happy to donate my nasty used sanitary napkins to the medical people, let them help someone grow a new body part or whatever. Much better than using aborted fetuses. Interesting article.
2) I wouldn't mind being left alone when I'm having my period. Just being able to stay home and not go anywhere would be enough for me. My periods aren't bad, I mainly just feel kinda gross.
3) I'm lucky, my periods aren't a big deal. Occasional mild cramps or lethargy. Sometimes I get a little gas! ha ha But I feel "fat" and ugly. And smelly. I know it's 99% in my mind since in the mirror I look the same.
4) I don't keep track of my period. I think it comes fairly regularly, approximately once a month although it might be slightly more than 30 days. I usually realize the day before or the day of that it's "about that time". Once it's over I totally forget I even have periods until the next one rolls around. So it's hard for me to keep track of time.
5) I have had a few months where I didn't have a period, 2 different times. 1st time was after a weekend of HUGE pillow fights. Very fun, but I was the smallest, and I took some pretty rough hits. A large group, including guys. I could barely hobble into the chiropractor after that, and didn't have my period for several months. Maybe 4? Then they came back, so no big deal. That was 9 or 10 years ago, I was maybe 15 or 16?
Then in the spring this year I didn't have one for quite a while. Like I said, I don't keep track. I think it might have been 2 months with no period. Then after that, I had 3 that came every two weeks. It was a little weird, but I honestly wasn't concerned. The "dry spell" came when I had gotten super busy and hectic and stressed, waking up early. Then the frequency came when I was in another country on the other side of the world for almost 6 weeks, relaxing, sleeping late and eating lots of my favorite foods. My poor body truly didn't know what to think. Everything was changing.
So yeah, it would be great if society would just let us have an excuse slip every month. I could just stay at home, sleep a lot, wear my pajamas, sit in the bathtub, watch movies, drink hot tea, eat chocolate, and feel gross all by myself! That would be great, thanks...