CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Fear & authority

New lower prices!
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Beautiful Skin From Powerful Oils and Roses
Remove signs of aging by renewing skin cel...

More
abcxyz Views: 2,489
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,203,196

Re: Fear & authority

I was speaking generally, not about a specific person.

There's a great line in CS Lewis' The Horse & His Boy. The Lion (Christ) Aslan is talking to the boy, Shasta, and Shasta asks Aslan about why Aslan wounded Aravis, one of the other characters. Aslan answers, "Child, I am telling you your own story, not hers. I tell no one any story but his own."

I love that line because it really speaks to one of the central paradoxes of being human: no matter how close we are to another, none of us can really know another's "story." The only one who knows my story is my Christ. The only one who knows MH's story is his Christ. Anything we ever say about "why" someone does this or that is always speculation. Doesn't mean it's wrong, just that we can never be 100 percent certain.

I can tell you a bit of my story however. Not long after I found Curezone I posted on MH's forum. I learned that the suggestion I posted was not one his list of approved protocols. I learned this by being verbally slapped -- twice.

Being as I post anonymously and have nothing invested in him or his forum, I just shrugged it off -- he can treat anonymous posters anyway he likes -- but it shaped my opinion of him. It's not a behavior that I respect. No doubt he's an excellent herbalist, but what about love, and kindness, and gentleness? What emotional energy does he invest in his work? Municipal tap water isn't the only impure substance that can find its way into these cures being sold online . . .

I understand he's helped people -- I've read what Trapper has said about him and I know Trapper wouldn't praise him lightly. But before I'd ever personally turn to MH, I'd have to find a way to reconcile that high-handed Cranky Genius persona with the notion of an open channel of love that I think is the source of true healing. Might be possible, but at this point in time I can't see how one has much of anything to do with the other.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

2.000 sec, (1)