New lower prices!
Hulda Clark Cleanses

More
More
trapper/kcmo Views: 1,084
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,207,690

trip with charlie

i cant seem to stay away from some kind of medical controversy. this trip gave charlie pause to think.

charlie and his wife had a ten day trip planned to visit family in KC and st louis and to attend their son's wedding on the fifth. his regular doctors appointments with the VA were on the 2nd so he had to drive back up to nebraska, go to the appointments, overnight at home and come back the next day.

we got there just in time for him to have his blood drawn, ect, at one o'clock. after that we had time to go eat and be back at 3 to see the doctor. we made that appontment and i was waiting, reading a book, dozing off a little when all of a sudden i get a page to come to respiratory therapy. i knew that didnt sound good.

well, i got up there and the doctor and the nurses all had that look on their faces like something was wrong. the doctor said it looked like charlie was having a heart attack and that it was a good thing thing we were there when we were. the doctor said something about looking at charlie and seeing something wrong. they did the ekg and didnt look good. they had already called for transport to st francis hospital.

i asked charlie how he was doing and he said he felt fine. he gave me the keys to the truck and i drove over to st francis. over at the hospital, they did several more ekg's and drew another blood sample to check for enzymes in the blood which would confirm a heart attack. we waited there for an hour till all the tests came back negative. he did not have a heart attack. the E-room doctor said that the VA's machine must have been wrong. they did several ekg's to make sure.

there is always danger in going to the doctor. medical mistakes is the number one killer in this country. this time it turned out OK. but it didnt have to.

many people are very suggestable. if a doctor tells you youre having a heart attack, who is going to question that? charlie sure didnt. he went with the flow until they could tell him otherwise. if he had been alone, he would have had his dog, duchess, to worry about out in the car. also, he wouldnt have had someone by his side in the emergency room paying attention to what was happenening. i figured he was a little dehydrated because they had him fasting, even saying no water. it ends up that this was also a mistake by the nurse telling him about his appointment. i also noticed that while we were waiting in the E room that his IV wasnt dripping. i asked the nurse if it was supposed to be on and she checked. no, it was there just in case they needed it if he went in to a full on attack.

we left unscathed by it all. well, charlie got to mull over his mortality with a bit more scrutiny than usual, but other than that, everything was fine once it was over.

i guarantee, if you care about someone, you wont let them near a doctor or hospital without supervision. ever.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.250 sec, (2)