CureZone   Log On   Join
Just shaved my head - photos

English John Views: 32,537
Published: 14 years ago

Just shaved my head - photos

I've been considering shaving my head for a while.

For unknown reasons (as always), tonight I had a major outburst, and was in agony. I used my usual treatments to try to stem it, and they just didn't work (isopropyl, H2O2 (Hydrogen-Peroxid) and cinnamon oil). I know that every extra day I have this problem will be causing me more scarring, so I decided now is the time to shave it all off.

I therefore plucked up the courage, found my pre-bought bandanas (bought for this occasion when it finally happened), went to the bathroom, and emerged with no hair.

At the moment, my scalp looks horendous. I was expecting it to be very bad, as the infection is in full flow, but I was still surprised how amazingly ugly and red it is.

I'm not down about it, because I know it will improve immensely over the next few weeks, i just need to be patient.

I must say that the pain relief is unbelievable. Before I even did an isopropyl wipe after shaving, the pain from earlier tonight had already gone, 90%. That feeling of being eaten all over my scalp was stopped instantly. It's a great feeling.

I've posted my pictures, which I found difficult to take, so sorry for the poor quality.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28568390@N03/

I'll be posting more after a few days, by which time I hope the initial huge redness will have subsided a little, and then more pictures later as I progress.

I want to thank everyone, especially Kizzy & Rot, for getting me to this stage. Without this forum, and those guys, I would have been lost by now.

Anyone else who has shaved their head, please let me know how your spots were compared to mine, when you first shaved. I've been very lucky in that I've lost no hair with the infection, so it has been well masked until now. It appears to me that maybe we suffer from slight variations on the same problem.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

0.234 sec, (1)