Yes just taking it with water is the best thing if you don't mind the taste.
It's not so bad at lower doses of course. I could still taste it with pinapple juice at 10-15 drops but I don't mind it too much.
There may not have been enough C in the juices you used to make it completely useless but avoid anything that has added ascorbic acid, that's the only thing.
Just use pure juice or water or a mixture of the two and not orange juice
I'd stick to pinapple, apple, grape, cranberry, or pomegranate