CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Aug 9, 2008, MASSIVE US/EU NAVAL FORCES MOVE ON IRAN

Views: 2,388
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,234,371

Re: Aug 9, 2008, MASSIVE US/EU NAVAL FORCES MOVE ON IRAN

Newport,

This is just my opinion, but a little bit of an informed one, even so. I've got a son in the USAF who has calmed my concerns about a war with Iran. He reassures me that the US is not going to engage in a war with Iran anytime soon. He gave me a ton of "why nots," but what I remember is 1) the govt is broke, and 2) the military will not support it. That basically means they just wouldn't go.

Secondly, the military does these war games/ training exercises all the time. The Pentagon comes up with a bunch of "what if" scenarios, and then gather a bunch of troops and fun toys together and play out what might happen under a certain prescribed situation. Just because they are out in the Persian Gulf playing around with ships loaded with anti-missile equipment doesn't mean they plan to use them in real life. It just means the capability is there and the personnel is trained.

I don't know why the big guns (PTB) keep media hyping the fear of war with Iran. I'm open to being wrong about this, but I trust my son's word.

Donna

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

1.063 sec, (1)