CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Aug 9, 2008, MASSIVE US/EU NAVAL FORCES MOVE ON IRAN

Views: 2,312
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,234,660

Re: Aug 9, 2008, MASSIVE US/EU NAVAL FORCES MOVE ON IRAN

Exactly, and the info is appreciated.

To me, and I'n just lil' ol' me, with the Congressional move to place sanctions on Iran, adding "Naval support" to the Persian Gulf and playing games there is just military talk for "and don't you try to do anything stupid, Iran, ya hear?"

Iran is a LITTLE country. They don't have anything near the defense capabilities that the US has. They DO have a President who likes to get in front of a microphone a lot and spout off a bunch of threats. That's his job. It makes his constituents/ citizens feel good. But there are a whole bunch of other countries who are MUCH more of a threat to the US who have nu-cu-lar capabilites or actual nucular [sic] bombs. Iran knows good and well the US could do an air strike and blow the country off the map in a couple of hours WITHOUT nukes.

And as far as terrorists go, since this is our current enemy (so they tell us) rather than state-to-state wars of yesteryear, my son says they aren't anywhere near being close to the criminal master minds they are portrayed as by the media. Bin Laden and co, Al Qaeda, etc., consist of uneducated and poor beyond measure young men with no other job opportunities or future. My compassionate heart goes out to them and that whole culture. But it also goes out to the families here whose sons come home toed, bagged, and flagged.

I just heard yesterday that a friend of mine who is in Iraq just lost one of his buddies over there to an IED. His wife told me there was a convoy and they were under enemy fire. All vehicles were fired upon. My friend said he was lucky because the device meant for his vehicle went through the truck under the engine and came out on the other side. Only the one guy was lost.

It's tough. I hate war.

Donna

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

1.891 sec, (1)