CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Need Input ASAP PLEASE????????

Views: 2,912
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,200,787

Re: Need Input ASAP PLEASE????????

First of all, I have participated in EMDR for about 6 weeks. It helped me a lot. It did not cure me. In fact, that was about 5 years ago and I am having tons of flashbacks again- which is why I've been visiting this forum. BUT it helped me a lot at the time, and I would do it again if I could find a way. You are looking for a patch until you find a therapist. EMDR requires a special therapist, but if you call every therapist in the book and ask, one of them maybe able to help you.

Next, some ideas that may be ludicrous, just to brainstorm.

She could tell her boyfriend, and tell him in advance the best way to comfort her if she has a flashback or gets sad or withdraws. I said to my husband "always tell me you love me and it will be okay." He loves having this advice. It helps on HIS end of the relationship because he doesn't feel so intimidated.

She could call RAINN and ask about a patch until you find a therapist. I know that's probably old news, but thought I would remind you. OR perhaps a local college mental health center.

She can be very assertive about what she does and doesn't want with her boyfriend, so she's never afraid that she'll be trapped.

And for you, remember that she is a person just like you are. It probably hurts a lot to worry for her, but you could navigate the situation and so can she. We all have our challenges.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

15.977 sec, (1)