CureZone   Log On   Join
Hand in the air on goitrogens

citingsources Views: 8,146
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,264,056

Hand in the air on goitrogens

If you read the DIM research they are studying cells in a test tube for reactions rather than animals or humans. This is very misleading. First, because cells don't have the complex reactions and compensation mechanisms that live beings do. Second, because, the concentration strength of the substance added to the test tube often reverses the behavior of the cells.

For example: A 10% solution might hinder the cells' growth. A 50% solution might promote cells' growth. I've seen scientists present this stuff and it's puzzling.

I have asked some alt meds about DIM and they also refer me to cell studies. A friend found some animal studies and if, memory serves me, one research study showed DIM made cancer better, the other study made cancer worse.

I don't have any answers because I can't find any human studies. All I know is a few patients who tell me their doctors found goiter and nodules when they took DIM.

But 2 DIM caps are the equivalent of a few pounds of raw cabbage. Eating brassicas daily could not approach DIM's super strength. I am not suggesting we avoid brassicas. I have been trying to clarify that --badly, I guess :(

I am suggesting that DIM has shown goitrogenic results in patients I know. Not all, but enough to suggest that those taking DIM routinely have sonograms of their thyroids or at the very least have an experienced practitioner feel their thyroids.

I hope this message doesn't get buried in the debate forum. After not visiting Debate for several months, I saw how creepy it was, people wanting your skin to fall off! Hanibal Lector eeyew!

Anyway, my ony response to Vulc is that he has injured my reputation as a party animal. I have serious references as a fun-loving prankster-- ask around.

All those insults made me spill beer on my bongos!

CS

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.655 sec, (1)